Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for a web site on where movies were made

renor27

One of the Regulars
I know that many of the films of the Golden Era were filmed in Hollywood but some times the crew was taken on location. One such place was Lone Pine Calif.
I am looking for a web site that list where the films were made.
Think it would be great fun to go to those locations and shot then and now photos.
David

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
renor27 said:
I know that many of the films of the Golden Era were filmed in Hollywood but some times the crew was taken on location. One such place was Lone Pine Calif.
I am looking for a web site that list where the films were made.
Think it would be great fun to go to those locations and shot then and now photos.
David

IMDB is of help here.

http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Locations/

You can either put in a 'location' or search by film name.

They dont have a 'every golden era film' search though....but its still something.

Hope it helps

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
IMDB isn't always helpful because they often only list the city and state, not the address. There are some that list the name OF the location, meaning for example, "Roosevelt Hotel, Hollywood, CA", but I haven't seen addresses.

There are several books on the subject, though

Here's a couple:

"Worldwide Movie Locations"

"Shot on Site"

For Hollywood, CA (I know you're not asking about there), there's a very extensive tour guide website that will tell you a few locations in which were used for movies. That one would be "Seeing Stars"

renor27

One of the Regulars
Great information

Thanks for pointing me in a great direction.
Will use this information .
Kind of thinking that would be fun to do then and now photos, maybe working up to a slideshow. A 150 year old hotel in Virgina City has a lecture series that this would fit into very nicely and of course the Lone Pine Film Festival is always looking for speakers.
Of course would exploring the sites would make a great Lounge event get away from the city and see the locations where For Whom The Bell Tolls was filmed or another film from the Golden Era. Any one do any camping with vintage gear?
still looking for information so any one have any please post it
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart