Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Full Grain

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Might be best to send Stu at Lost worlds an emai and ask him. He is very knowledgable and always happy to chat jackets and have a laugh.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Chrome tanned leather is fairly bog-standard stuff, I'm told, even from Horween. The CXL is the higher grade stuff.

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
On LW site, it says their chrome tanned horsehides are from their "own tannery" ...so I don't know if they have their own production tannery somewhere

I don't think he gets it from Horween since he's constantly whining about the CXL Aero uses being too oily.

I can't find the thread...but it was posted here (and,If I remember correctly,on Horween's site) a year or two ago that Lost Worlds does indeed get their HH from them..but the post also stated that LW hides require a different tanning process than Horween's normal CXL. This is quite apparent with the heavier finish mainly dyed all the way through and obvious stretch mark type graining in many of LW's jackets. I'm not sure that it has ever been determined or discussed whether it is actually full or top grain.
HD

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
From his website "Famous LOST WORLDS Chromium-Tanned (of course) Horsehide Leather, from our own US tannery. Unmatched for weight, natural full grain, armor-like strength, "

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
From his website "Famous LOST WORLDS Chromium-Tanned (of course) Horsehide Leather, from our own US tannery. Unmatched for weight, natural full grain, armor-like strength, "
Unmatched for weight...maybe, armor like strength..yes........that's it !! No character whatsoever!!!......The dashboard of my Raptor looks like the same material !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot