Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Two Tone HH Bedford

Lando

Practically Family
Everyone has their own individual experience with different sellers. Some good, some bad. Over time we get an average and start to figure out for ourselves what sellers are generally good for us to work with. The initial plunge is always the hardest part, especially when there's big money involved. I've bought from most of the big names thrown around here, and have had a generally good experience with all of them.

Lost Worlds does get a bit of flack, and I do understand why. The website is archaic, the owner is opinionated and generally felt to be a bit of a grouch, and the communication isn't always the smoothest. That said, I've always had a good experience with Lost Worlds and have purchased some of my favorite jackets from them. When I communicate with Lost Worlds, and only ever by email, I usually try to break everything down into simple yes and no answerable questions. Some of our emails back and forth have been sparse to the point of one word messages. That's not for everyone, I'm very aware. And before anyone tries to start up a chat about who's better and yadda yadda yadda, I'm not here for that. My experience with Lost Worlds have been very good, as good as those with Aero and Gibson&Barnes and Johnson Leather and even Goodwear (though I didn't end up getting anything from him). Maybe I'm just lucky, or, maybe I don't expect much if the product comes out right and in a timely manner. And in this case, the product came out very right.

Two Tone 4oz Horsehide Bedford. Fits great. Feels like a tank. Originally got the idea scanning the Aero sale page and thought it would look good on a longer coat. I had been contemplating a Bedford for a while anyway, so it all just worked out. Great Work Horse Coat. Only other thing I change was the buttons for snaps for my own convenience. I have found with car coats that if there are buttons, I just wont ever button them up. But, if there are snaps, I'm way more likely too.

For those wondering about sizing. I'm a 48 inch chest with broad shoulders and a big back. The Bedford is a 48 and fits close but comfortable. There will be no layering, just a shirt under this one, which is how I like it. I tend to run a 48 in all of the Lost Worlds jackets I own, except for the A2 which I bumped up to 50 for a more forgiving fit across my back. I didn't buy my first Lost Worlds from Lost Worlds either. I got my first Lost Worlds jacket for a reasonable price off eBay based on my own sizing assumptions I cobbled together from information here in the Lounge. Again, I was lucky, I figured the size right. I've never asked Lost Worlds any sizing questions, outside of whether something was a very close fit (yes or no).

So that's my experience. I hope that helps anyone who's contemplating whether to or not to go with Lost Worlds.

Yes, they make great jackets, and yes, other companies also make great jackets.

Here's to a New Year Ladies and Gentlemen

8347153496_f220754f70_k.jpg

8346099873_452ec6db23_k.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Lando, that was a very nice, informative post. Furthermore, you jacket is obviously a great fit. Thanks for sharing.:)

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
That's a great looking jacket. Is it russet and seal HH? Are the cuffs lined with corduroy? I had one of the LW "lightweight" 3-oz HH jackets and it felt bulletproof - your jacket must be incredible. How long did it take you to get the jacket made once you ironed out the details?

pauleway

Practically Family
Great jacket. Love the 2-tone. I would have gone with the sleeves in the dark HH, but that is one nice hunk of leather - Congrats!!!

D

Deleted member 16736

Nice jacket. I'm also wondering what the darker leather is, seal or black? Did Stuart charge you less for not including the belt?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey Lando... that's one interesting jacket. Are your sleeves rolled up at the end or is that the way it came? If you check my posts you'll see I'm a big guy too, even bigger'n you. Nice to hear of your personal experience with LW. I only contacted the guy once but a size 52 is way out of my price range with him. I may change my mind in the future. You got one of kind there man, nice coat.

Worf

Lando

Practically Family
Going to try and answer the questions as I see them.

The HH is Black and Russet. I was trying to keep things very stock as not to elevate the price. As far as I know, they do not have seal HH as a stock option, though they do have seal goatskin. My first inquiry for this jacket was on 11/3/12 and by 11/6/12 I had the details figured and payment made. Jacket arrived 1/4/13. Probably would have arrived sooner but I think the holidays screwed them up some how. Normally Lost Worlds jackets arrive for me within about a month of payment, give or take a week. And it does feel very heavy lol.

If by off the peg you mean that it is a stock 48 versus a custom fit? It is a stock size 48 with no alternations in sizing.

Nothing was taken off for not having the belt. But, I actually asked not to have the belt. They always get in my way and I never use them as much as I think I will. That said, I paid a stock price for this jacket. All the color changes were made on existing seams so no customization was really needed there and the snaps instead of buttons didn't seem to matter to them. Maybe it was a toss up for dropping the belt? I don't know. I've also done some a bit of business with them over the years, so maybe it was just being nice to a return customer? Again, no idea.

Worf I just rolled the sleeves up. The Bedford has a cotton duck lining which can kind of look like corduroy and adds to that tank like feel. I got this jacket looking to be mean to it lol. As far as sizing goes, I was on the verge of being a 50 for a long time then really got cracking on my athletics and got myself back to a comfortable 48. But all the weightlifting blew out my back and shoulders, which is why trim is not a word I really want to hear in my clothing. Comfortable and constructed well are my focuses. Yeah, Lost Worlds pricing can be dissuasive, especially when you throw in the custom charges for sizing and extras. They're built well and they are built to last. All bullshit aside, they are built to last. Which is good because it'll be a few years before that 4oz HH gets broken in lol.

Hope I answered everyone's questions

thor

Call Me a Cab
Very unique design; you certainly won't bump into anyone else wearing anything close to that jacket :)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the love Lando (I like your taste in brims and that you smoke stogies as well). I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. To me, one can't over estimate the value of a one of a kind anything. One-off cars, guitars, jackets, motorbikes, bicycles... gotta love it. If you're gonna pay to have it made? Make it your own!!! Thanks for sharing.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot