Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LW Horsehide

tommygun

New in Town
Hi all. Heard something along the way that lost worlds HH is a bit softer on there new products. Although i love my heavy HH vest, it's a bear to break in. Any one else heard this, or was i misinformed? Thanks

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I would be interested in this too....Im quite taken with the jean jacket type vest in brown. Looks gorgeous....

majormajor

One Too Many
wrong01.jpg

Plumbline

One Too Many
I'm not sure Stu is anyway near as bad as is intimated on here .. I have had a few conversations with him and he's been reasonable. He has a fixed view and is a bit passionate about what he does but no different to many jacket manufacturers. His customer service is "quirky" but you really can't argue with his products. I've bought a few LW jackets and they've always been STUNNING ( but "Clyde Built" as we say in Glasgow) .... his materials have always been top notch ( if a little over engineered) and I've seldom lost money on them when selling them on.

I'd happilly buy from him ( but then some would say I'm less of a moral purchaser than others ... I'll go for quality, price and delivery every time! )

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Oh, we're just joshing. I'm sure Stu is fine in person, it's just his rather idiosyncratic web site that is a little off-putting - though as it's been pointed out, this may appeal to part of his target market, so horses for courses. I don't think anyone has ever questioned the quality of his jackets though, other than they're over-engineered, which has hardly a damning criticism. I've been tempted by some of his sale page, but with Aero on my doorstep and the opportunity to try on/be measured, as well as the broad choice, what's there not to like?

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Oh, we're just joshing. I'm sure Stu is fine in person, it's just his rather idiosyncratic web site that is a little off-putting - though as it's been pointed out, this may appeal to part of his target market, so horses for courses. I don't think anyone has ever questioned the quality of his jackets though, other than they're over-engineered, which has hardly a damning criticism. I've been tempted by some of his sale page, but with Aero on my doorstep and the opportunity to try on/be measured, as well as the broad choice, what's there not to like?

Look, he's from New York, he has to be anasshole, it's a local requirement and we get taxed heavily for non compliance. :p

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Keep us posted, Bunyip, will be interested to see how it all goes. There's some lovely stuff on their sale pages.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Surprisingly, very little is said about Lost Worlds on the FL and would be interested in seeing more FL members post regarding their jackets and experiences with LW. Coming from a guy who grew up in the Deep South (US), my one and only time to visit NYC was also surprisingly favorable and found all kinds of New Yorkers to be cordial and helpful while I was there.

tommygun

New in Town
roadking, i have the black with slash pockets. bought it on ebay and its awesome. super heavy duty, and that was the point of this thread..its almost too heavy! Had heard the HH has gotten a bit softer, which honestly would make it a bit more comfortable in the car. But its the best leather piece I have I feel.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I've got one. Black, no collar, no chest pockets, 2 handwarmer pockets. It's nice but not working too well for me as I bought it to layer under other jackets, but the LW is cut like a jacket with no sleeves and not like a vest, so I get overhang at the shoulders. It's great for wearing over a a shirt/sweater/hoodie etc., but not for layering under anything. May be interested in selling it if anyone's interested. Still in like-new condition. Size 44

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
So fat the best vest for layering, at least for me, is the Filson moleskin. The 24 oz. heavy Mackinaw wool Filson that I have is a bit heavy for Texas but might work better in the Pacific Northwest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred