Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

PDXHAT

One of the Regulars
New hat day yall! It’s a sahara open road clone. my first sahara and the color was a bit lighter than i expected, in a very good way; i think this’ll be a versatile hat.

details: 5 7/8” open crown, 2 3/4“ brim. i requested thin felt for that vintage feel. i also specially requested the style of bow where the tails are mostly tucked under the bow so they don’t flap around so much, and Michael nailed that too. very excited to wear this!

View attachment 521650
That's a beauty. I got mine yesterday, in silverbelly. I wanted 50s dimensions, a Trumanesque look.
custom-openroad.JPG

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a good question. Best I can tell, he's a one man operation with a 2 to 3 month backlog so my guess is that wouldn't leave him much time for those services, unless the hat was made by him for one of his customers.
I had one of his hats (in the old dye back cherry) I bought from a former member here. Since Mike made it, I wanted him to resize it to fit me. He said he wouldn't attempt such work. I sent it to Art Fawcett to get done.

i-GBzwFR6-M.jpeg
i-QN5r3cz-M.jpeg
IMG_2324.jpeg
IMG_5720.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
How does that compare to Bone or Silvermist?

Jack; I will make time to put hats of the sahara, bone, silverbelly and silvermist together this week.

In the meantime here is an old pic of some of the VS hats that I have. Top is dove, silvermist, dove. Bottom is moss green, sahara and bluemist.

i-TvPj9Fd-M.jpg

Tree branch pic.

htt
i-MH2XqSF-M.jpg

Here is an accurate pic of the hue of sahara.

i-8zzNRNh-M.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
How does that compare to Bone or Silvermist?

Jack I gathered some hats this morning to showcase the Winchester Sahara felt hue. Unfortunately I did not get a Silvermist in the mix. More to come.

Anywhoo....

i-b4DwZFx-M.jpg

Top L-R: Winchester felts in dove(not granite), silverbelly. Bottom L-R: Sahara, Bone.

i-cMwbGsD-M.jpg

Top L-R: Winchester felts in bone, sahara. Bottom L-R: dove(not granite), silverbelly.

Cheers, Eric -

edited: Change granite to dove

Last edited:
Jack I gathered some hats this morning to showcase the Winchester Sahara felt hue. Unfortunately I did not get a Silvermist in the mix. More to come.

Anywhoo....

i-b4DwZFx-M.jpg

Top L-R: Winchester felts in granite, silverbelly. Bottom L-R: Sahara, Bone.

i-cMwbGsD-M.jpg

Top L-R: Winchester felts in bone, sahara. Bottom L-R: granite, silverbelly.

Cheers, Eric -

I always enjoy seeing your comparison photos, Eric.
I’m amazed at how light your granite felt appears in the photos. I’ve noticed that granite can be a color changer based on lighting etc., but I’ve never seen it appear so light. Granite usually presents as a mid-grey or a brown-grey in the hats I own or others that can recall.

StoryPNW

Practically Family
I’m amazed at how light your granite felt appears in the photos. I’ve noticed that granite can be a color changer based on lighting etc., but I’ve never seen it appear so light. Granite usually presents as a mid-grey or a brown-grey in the hats I own or others that can recall.
I was thinking something similar when I saw these pictures this morning. Must be a lighting thing, my granite seems lighter than some other's pictures, but darker than this especially when sitting next to a vintage silverbelly.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

I was thinking something similar when I saw these pictures this morning. Must be a lighting thing, my granite seems lighter than some other's pictures, but darker than this especially when sitting next to a vintage silverbelly.

You guys are correct! I checked the hat boxes and the label on the hat box did not match the hat. The VS hat that I previously marked granite is really the VS Dove Winchester dove. Art had the felt hue special made at Winchester.

Apologies offered. Somewhere I have a granite VS.

i-vkj4f3V-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

You guys are correct! I checked the hat boxes and the label on the hat box did not match the hat. The VS hat that I previously marked granite is really the VS Dove Winchester dove. Art had the felt hue special made at Winchester.

Apologies offered. Somewhere I have a granite VS.

i-vkj4f3V-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
I have two of Art's proprietary colours, Dove and Limestone. Both great colours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk