Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Inspired Church Office

Weston

A-List Customer
http://macrossmaster.imgur.com/all

Hope this works like I think it will. Looked for the original thread from 4 years ago but couldn't find it. Here's the final version, minus a few changes. What do you think?

Y7uScgc.jpg

DJRhRHQ.jpg

ldK3jrv.jpg

Qe3dfNH.jpg

And the necessary computer...is there a better or more appropriate place?

0nmlNfK.jpg

Last edited:
My church just renovated its fifties school and offices, ruining what had been untouched since its original construction. I wish they would have went this route, instead.

Weston

A-List Customer
Very nice. Only thing I could suggest is a frame photo of President Eisenhower somewhere and a tabletop American flag.
[huh]

You can be assured that in the next version of these photos, that which you have suggested will be done! :) Thanks for the help.

Weston

A-List Customer
Updated with some in line pics. Also, it's tough to tell, but in the pics there's a giant boxed in area coming off the wall (it's covering a massive air duct). Behind the wall in the little hidden alcove is where all the modern stuff like the computer, surge protector etc is. I like it because from the outside it doesn't break the appearance of the era and I only use it when I have to.

I'll try to break down the sources and prices of the items in case someone's curious:

Plug in GE Made in USA Clock - Salvation Army $10
Matching vintage lamps - Branson Antique Mall $5 each (Shades from Wal-Mart, $15 each)
Credenza - $20 Craigslist
Desk - Free (Donated from my daughters private school. They needed space, I needed a vintage desk).
Artwork - $6 for the 60's Sunday School pictures, $20 for frames at Hobby Lobby
Multiline Phone - $30 ebay ($20 was shipping)
Desk Set - Ebay, $10. Search for Park Sherman. You'll find so much NOS stuff it will blow your mind - and super cheap.
Calendar - Retro Shop in Oklahoma City, $5
Typewriter Table - Junk Shop $3 (plus enamel spray paint, $2)
Brown and Gold Cart - Flea Market $3 plus $3 in gold paint
Gunlocke Chairs - Resale shop, $40 for pair
Last Supper Picture - 50's paint by number, $10 flea market
Gooseneck lamp - Retro shop, $15
Eames Reproduction - $275 online (the splurge)
Globe and other artifacts - found around the church.

Any questions just ask.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner