Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Manhattan Melodrama"

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
If anyone's interested, I just found this on YouTube(10 parts). Looks like the whole film's up. It's last VHS print was in 1991, it's no longer produced and was never released in DVD, so watch it while you can. By the way, this was the film that John Dillinger saw just before being plugged by the cops at the Biograph Theater.

<<<<CLICK THE PIC>>>>

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I already own this on DVD. Anything with Powell and Loy is worth owning.
This was their first film together and the director, W.S. VanDyke, then recommended Loy for the Thin Man because their chemistry was so good.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
A GREAT film. And some of the best art deco sets going. Be sure to see the bathrooms.

(I am, alas, a sick puppy)

The DVD appears to only be available as part of the Powell-Loy boxed set.

Mr. Clark

New in Town
A great film. It's funny how I finally got to see it. I had just got home from seeing "Public Enemies" and I turn on Turner Classic and there it was just starting. Talk about good timing.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
It is part of the William Powell/Myrna Loy box set.
This combined with the Thin Man box set gives you almost all the movies those two did together.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

theinterchange

One Too Many
I rented this via Netflix a few months back, after going on a Thin Man marathon of sorts. It was a surprisingly enjoyable film, one I'd like to see again. Though, at the moment, I haven't anything particularly informative to add, just that I rented it via Netflix for those who are looking for it.

Randy

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
mannySpaghetti said:
DVD, Where'd you get it?! I've only seen this, and rarely I might add on VHS only. Point me in the right direction bub! Thanks. :D

Here ya go, kiddo! ;) On sale for $20.29 at Amazon!

And while they're (not) at it, perhaps they could release Powell's other Thin Man-style mysteries: Star of Midnight (w/ Ginger Rogers) and The Ex-Mrs. Bradford (w/ Jean Arthur)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy