Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Benny Holiday said:
Here's my sad contribution. My Jacaranda tree, much as I love it, is but a poor effort compared to Marc's magnificent Redwoods for a background! You can't knock a man's shed, though!

BennyHoliday5.jpg

You look so sharp! That jacket is indeed marvelous (and the pocket tucks match your shed siding too)!

dashiell

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Uhh, why 42 particularly, Ms. Dash? Working on a "Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann's granddaughter" impression?;)lol

*drops and cranks out 100--no small feat for a fat-guy!*

Ah. An excellent question.

:eek:fftopic:

*Professor Guise*

As anyone who has ever trained and supervised groups of wide-eyed young troops knows, one of the hardest things to drill into them is Attention to Detail. Sense of Urgency and Military Bearing are fairly easy, but getting people to pay attention to instructions the first time round and follow them precisely without question or hesitation is more difficult. To do as you're told, when you're told, and often without understanding the reasoning behind what you're told rankles. So, one method I came up with to drill this concept into the Whole Person was the Art of the Random Number.

When I say drop and give me 42, I mean drop and give me 42. If you give me 50 or 100, I won't stop you, but you'll have to try again until you get it right. Next time I may demand 34, I may demand 51, I may demand 7. Attention to Detail is surprisingly well enforced this way.

And thus ends this episode of DRMT (Dash's Remedial Military Training): Methods and Theories for the Non-Commissioned Officer. Tune in next time for tips on how to conduct an effective Open Ranks!

*End Professor Guise*

:D

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You ladies and gents are too kind. I never noticed that I coordinated with ym shed . . . one day I'll have to post the story of what a laborious and frustrating job it was to order that shed and try to get the turkeys from the hardware store to deliver it to the right address . . .

It's my favourite jacket -triple knife-edge pleats in the patch pockets and a beltback to boot. I'll have to take some pics of another suit my tailor made some time ago, it's in the style of one of Eddie Nichol's Jorge Avalos suits.

You gentlemen on the Lounge are always an inspiration to dress well.

Benny Holiday

dashiell said:
Benny Holiday, my dear lad, if we are not favored with a full length photo of you in this suit I'll be extremely upset. You look splendid!

Alas Dash, it's only a jacket, I wear it with light grey trousers. It's for every day wear, like a sportscoat/slacks combo. I tend to wear those more than suits, which I usually wear when I'm going out in the evening or to some specific event.

BennyHoliday1.jpg

Thank you for the lovely compliment!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Big Man said:
Now, if I only looked like I did back then ...
DSC02228-a.jpg

I LOVE this!! How neat about the age thing too. And of course you could look like that again, grow back that handsome mustache! ;)

Cool camo pics Techno!

Benny, very dapper. That jacket is so neat and crisp. Awesome shoes!

Thunder, great overcoat. Very svelt~

Dom, love the coloring in your goatee. Jacket looks great on you!

Originally Posted by scotrace
I want that darned couch.
I.... do..... too!! (stamps foot!) Esp. for the same price! C'mon Brooksie give it up!
Ok Techno, you look good too...[huh]

Nikki

dostacos

Practically Family
Big Man said:
What about a man with a gun and a kid? does that get a double "mmmm ..."?

I didn't know if this picture should go here or not. It's almost old enough to be a "vintage family photo". That's me and my son back in 1983. It rather ironic that my son is now the same age as I was in the photo and his son is the same age as he was in the photo. My son and grandson, by the way, both love guns. I wonder why.

Now, if I only looked like I did back then ...

DSC02228-a.jpg
BMOC, what is that on your son's waist? it does NOT look like a cap pistol, it looks like the backstrap of a peacemaker:cool:

Dan

bmoc=big man on campus

carebear

I posted this in the trenchcoat thread but it is one of the few pics of me in a lid. And that's actual rain you're looking at on the coat.

100_0139.jpg

I'll not post the one for Maj. Strasser. :p

Big Man

ohairas said:
I LOVE this!! How neat about the age thing too. And of course you could look like that again, grow back that handsome mustache! ;) ...

Nikki

It would take way more than growing a mustache to turn the clock back 24 years. [huh] But thanks anyway. :)

Big Man

dostacos said:
BMOC, what is that on your son's waist? it does NOT look like a cap pistol, it looks like the backstrap of a peacemaker:cool:

Dan

bmoc=big man on campus

That would be a Rugar .44 Mag. with a 5 1/2 inch barrel. I used to load it up with .44 special for him to shoot (with help, of course).

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
BennyHoliday1.jpg

Benny, you were holding out on us--it isn't just the chest pocket that had the tucks! I just love that jacket--any chance of seeing the back of it? Your whole outfit is swell, the hat and shoes especially.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Posted this one in another thread - might aswell here.
(Sorry 'bout the size - some day I will learn:eusa_doh: )

Here we go - no handguns, submashineguns, rifels...just me.

L1010812.jpg

Technonut

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
Posted this one in anothe thread - might aswell here.
(Sorry 'bout the size - some day I will learn:eusa_doh: )

Here we go - no handguns, submashineguns, rifels...just me.

Nice pic Spitfire... :)

This was just taken this morning... Look Ma, no weapons... ;) :D

bmeFL2007003.jpg

ohairas said:
Cool camo pics Techno!

scotrace said:
I want that darned couch.

ohairas said:
I.... do..... too!! (stamps foot!) Esp. for the same price! C'mon Brooksie give it up!
Ok Techno, you look good too... [huh]

Thank you ohairas... :) I was ready to just post a pic of the couch alone this morning.... I wonder how it would look in a fedora? :rolleyes:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Technonut said:
Thank you ohairas... :) I was ready to just post a pic of the couch alone this morning.... I wonder how it would look in a fedora? :rolleyes:

It would look GREAT!! Sitting in my house of course!
Another swell pic Techno~
Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy