Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MY LATEST HAIRCUT.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, what nice compliments. Thanks a lot, folks -- and let me state that there is NO ONE whose opinion I value more on any aesthetic issue whatsover than the fine folks on the Fedora Lounge.

Movie extra work? Maybe I'll ask Wingnut/A.J. as he seems to know what's up in that field (and many, many other fields as well!).

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
That's what we useta call a Doughboy.

TheViewFromIndependence24.jpg

Capt. Harry S Truman, Battery D, 129th Field Artillery, 60th Bde, 35th Infantry Div. A.E.F.

Dr Doran

Fletch said:
That's what we useta call a Doughboy.

TheViewFromIndependence24.jpg

Capt. Harry S Truman, Battery D, 129th Field Artillery, 60th Bde, 35th Infantry Div. A.E.F.

Nice shot -- but mine is less military and more mad scientist, I think, which suits me.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I think the Normans were the first to use haircuts like this, tho more like the early Beatles pudding bowl style. The main reason they did it, according to what I've heard, was to control lice in those military environments, like barracks and trenches.

mrbork

New in Town
Miss 1929 said:
Don't forget the sunscreen...to quote the late great fats Domino, "no hair there"!
Yes, Fats is VERY much alive! His latest CD, "Goin' Home", was released about a year or so ago.

Dr Doran

God, that would be horrible.

When I grow the sides out a little and slick the top back, it's just an ordinary haircut, basically.

Miss 1929

Jay said:
Very Dillinger-esque hair, Doran. Bold, and cool, might I add.
For reference:
08-07-2005.NT_07dillinger.GT41LGHED.1.jpg

Also: Miss 1929, Fats Domino is still alive, at least at the time of this post.

Yikes, fixed it... silly me...I guess I am so used to my favorite musicians being dead I think they all are!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo