Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Seven

felix03

One of the Regulars
Hi all,

Just wanted to share photos of the Aero Seven I received this past weekend through eBay.

About the jacket:
  • Made in 2017
  • Seal Vicenza horsehide
  • Size 42
  • Crail Check Tweed lining with black cotton sateen in sleeves. Pockets lined in brown moleskin
  • Nickle Talon zips, except for chest pocket, which is a Waldes zip
  • No internal or external kidney panels
  • Olive drab stitching
Some random thoughts:
  • This is my second Aero. The first was a FQHH CR bought new in 2010
  • Compared to the CR, this one is simply a lot easier to wear--lighter weight, the shape is less extreme, the sateen-lined sleeves make it easy to put on, and the moleskin-lined pockets feel good. I also like the smaller upper sleeves vs my CR. The original owner IMO made some really smart design choices
  • This will be my daily jacket, which involves riding my Moto Guzzi V7 Classic back and forth from the train station for work. It doesn't give me as much protection as my armoured jackets, and I'm OK with that. Lookswise, I feel it's a versatile jacket I can wear to work or on the weekends.
  • I tend to like my jackets a bit long to cover my lower back while on the motorbike. This one's got a 24.75" back length that just barely covers my belt
  • I'm 5'6" 165 lbs and I like my jackets to be form-fitting but not tight. Hopefully I've sized properly to accommodate the 5-10 lbs I'll probably be gaining at the end of the year when I quit smoking (again). Turns out my sz 38 CR shrunk over the past 10 years, but inexplicably only on the midsection . . .
  • The seller was truly top notch -- answered all my annoying fit questions, sent it fast, and shipped the jacket flat and wrapped in tissue

• 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited:

Mich486

One Too Many
I like the fit and it seems a very easy jacket to pull off. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of wear out of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi all,

Just wanted to share photos of the Aero Seven I received this past weekend through eBay.

About the jacket:
  • Made in 2017
  • Seal Vicenza horsehide
  • Size 42
  • Crail Check Tweed lining with black cotton sateen in sleeves. Pockets lined in brown moleskin
  • Nickle Talon zips, except for chest pocket, which is a Waldes zip
  • No internal or external kidney panels
  • Olive drab stitching
Some random thoughts:
  • This is my second Aero. The first was a FQHH CR bought new in 2010
  • Compared to the CR, this one is just simply a lot easier to wear--lighter weight, the shape is less extreme, the sateen-lined sleeves make it easy to put on, and the moleskin-lined pockets feel good. I also like the smaller upper sleeves vs my CR. The original owner IMO made some really smart design choices
  • This will be my daily jacket, which involves riding my Moto Guzzi V7 Classic back and forth from the train station for work. It doesn't give me as much protection as my armoured jackets, and I'm OK with that. Lookswise, I feel it's a versatile jacket I can wear to work or on the weekends.
  • I tend to like my jackets a bit long to cover my lower back while on the motorbike. This one's got a 25.75" back length that just barely covers my belt in the back when I'm riding
  • I'm 5'6" 165 lbs and I like my jackets to be form-fitting but not tight. Hopefully I've sized properly to accommodate the 5-10 lbs I'll probably be gaining at the end of the year when I quit smoking (again). Turns out my sz 38 CR shrunk over the past 10 years, but inexplicably only on the midsection . . .
  • The seller was truly top notch -- answered all my annoying fit questions, sent it fast, and shipped the jacket flat wrapped in tissue

well done great fit that Sir is a winner!!!

felix03

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much gents! Just a couple other random thoughts:
  • I really appreciate your all's contributions to TFL. You've really taught me all about the various leather/lining/hardware options out there, and most of all, the best ways to fit a jacket. There's no way this purchase would've been successful without you all
  • I think I'll do the hot water treatment on the collar
  • If I'm being nitpicky, these are the changes I'd make: august collar instead of highwayman collar, pointed back yoke instead of straight, double chest pockets at a diagonal instead of single horizontal
  • OK, this purchase has now got me thinking about a BR in Vicenza . . .

willyto

One Too Many
That is a really nice jacket and a fantastic fit. The good thing about getting second hand jackets is that it really helps you to see how you like your jackets, what details you prefer and fit.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks and fits very well. I have wondered for some time now how the Board Racer pattern in size 42 with 27" back and 27" sleeves would fit me. I also noted the op's Seven has the zipped sleeves in the back rather than the front which I much prefer.

felix03

One of the Regulars
Looks and fits very well. I have wondered for some time now how the Board Racer pattern in size 42 with 27" back and 27" sleeves would fit me. I also noted the op's Seven has the zipped sleeves in the back rather than the front which I much prefer.
Thanks Fanch. Here are the measurements if it helps:

P to p: 22.25
Shoulders: 17.5
Front: 21.5
Back: 24.75
Sleeve: 25.25
Hem: 41.5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24