Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RJR

Hi All,
Am a new member just last night and have discovered this site this summer and have been browsing and reading up on men's long lost passion for hats, but since then they surely is making a comeback and I for one in is for the long haul.

Thanks for having a site like this for us to share/show/nitpick and what not about these fine gentlemen's topper that makes up our whole character unique to each individuals.

Peace!
Rodney
Welcome.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for letting me be part of all things Fedora. In my part of the world hats generally means cowboy hats and I've had my share of Resistol straws and a few Sunbodies. Yes, I have a black felt and a silverbelly too...rights of passage, I suppose, and they let me keep my Texas card intact. But they never really fit me well and are not easy to tote around in my kind of travel. Over time I drifted toward more of the outback hats (pinched front with dropped brim front and back) but they were still too large for my taste. After 6 decades I finally had my Aha moment when I really looked at hats from a historical perspective and found out what a classic the fedora truely is. I've been enamored ever since. I bought my first just a few weeks back and can hardly take it off! A Stetson Chatham from the Hat Outlet in Garland. Simple, fits like I've been wearing it for years, and looks great. I have the fever now for a Stratoliner and, after saving a few dozen pennies, i ordered a custom from Limpia Creek out in Ft. Davis. I've seen and heard good things from them although there is a 6 month ETA. Oh well, it should make for a nice late winter gift to myself. I guess by then I'll be hunting a good Panama! Thanks again for the add. I'll ready to learn a lot in the forums and add where I can. Ps, I sure wish I had keep some of my grandfathers old hats...live and learn, i guess!

RM

Thanks for letting me be part of all things Fedora. In my part of the world hats generally means cowboy hats and I've had my share of Resistol straws and a few Sunbodies. Yes, I have a black felt and a silverbelly too...rights of passage, I suppose, and they let me keep my Texas card intact. But they never really fit me well and are not easy to tote around in my kind of travel. Over time I drifted toward more of the outback hats (pinched front with dropped brim front and back) but they were still too large for my taste. After 6 decades I finally had my Aha moment when I really looked at hats from a historical perspective and found out what a classic the fedora truely is. I've been enamored ever since. I bought my first just a few weeks back and can hardly take it off! A Stetson Chatham from the Hat Outlet in Garland. Simple, fits like I've been wearing it for years, and looks great. I have the fever now for a Stratoliner and, after saving a few dozen pennies, i ordered a custom from Limpia Creek out in Ft. Davis. I've seen and heard good things from them although there is a 6 month ETA. Oh well, it should make for a nice late winter gift to myself. I guess by then I'll be hunting a good Panama! Thanks again for the add. I'll ready to learn a lot in the forums and add where I can. Ps, I sure wish I had keep some of my grandfathers old hats...live and learn, i guess!

RM

Welcome! This is a great group of people. Be aware, there are a lot of enablers who will gladly spend your money for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

busmatt

New in Town
Hello friends, I’ve been on something of a lifestyle change since January and I’ve lost 4 stone, I’ve also changed my attire and am now sort of a modern Edwardian, if such a thing exists, anyway, I’ve been hat hunting, here are some pictures

Fedora
8d4b7cd0a825b34b001f3b04c2931365.jpg

Vintage Irish bucket hat
c6de4d3aee139584f6ca92ebbdca79f1.jpg

Vintage Deer Stalker
97f5a6af188ce4e8920f1dd7ca44fe56.jpg

Homburg
54cbecbecf1f03c8849b6c889d89752c.jpg

And possibly my favourite

Vintage c:1920’s Boater
5b7eeb11dabf85e97b28ec4e772768c1.jpg

a3afa7abb37b8e3f7b843be31fa84935.jpg

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

busmatt

New in Town
There is something a little like it, I used to collect vintage watches, ok, I still do and now I’ve got vintage hats and accessories to collect as well [emoji1787] the fedora and Homburg are non expensive new hats that I purchased just to see if I liked the style and I’m now on the look out for vintage versions.

Matt

Winston Carter

Practically Family
There is something a little like it, I used to collect vintage watches, ok, I still do and now I’ve got vintage hats and accessories to collect as well [emoji1787] the fedora and Homburg are non expensive new hats that I purchased just to see if I liked the style and I’m now on the look out for vintage versions.

Matt

I owned a Croton silver with diamonds surrounding the outside. Nice watch. Wish I didn't get rid of it.

Welcome to the Fray Matt. That boater is a great piece. There are dedicated threads on the Lounge for all types of hats, you can add yours there. The Boater Faction really needs that fantastic skimmer. The Bon Ton Ivy feature is very historic, it needs to be highlighted in the Boater Faction. You are on track to be a major collector here in our family. What I tell every new member...READ, READ, READ. You will find a wealth of information here about your new addiction.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Hello friends, I’ve been on something of a lifestyle change since January and I’ve lost 4 stone, I’ve also changed my attire and am now sort of a modern Edwardian, if such a thing exists, anyway, I’ve been hat hunting, here are some pictures

Fedora

Vintage Irish bucket hat

Vintage Deer Stalker

Homburg

Matt

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge. It’s always great to have another new member. That’s quite a collection of hats you have.
Steven

Fedora

Vintage Irish bucket hat

Vintage Deer Stalker

Homburg

Matt

Welcome! This is a great community.

I’m like you and like diversity in my hats. It’s dull to just wear one type and you can obviously pull them all off very nicely.

A huge congratulations on the weight loss. That is impressive and inspiring; I need to do the same myself.

Hope to see you around the Lounge.

busmatt

New in Town
Welcome! This is a great community.

I’m like you and like diversity in my hats. It’s dull to just wear one type and you can obviously pull them all off very nicely.

A huge congratulations on the weight loss. That is impressive and inspiring; I need to do the same myself.

Hope to see you around the Lounge.

Thanks dude, the weight loss was surprisingly easy, I just stopped eating crap, no more chocolate, cakes and sweets from my bus passengers, they now give me fruit [emoji106] the 4 stone went in 9 months and I’ve now plateaued but I think it’s just starting to go again [emoji848]
I’ve grown to enjoy salads and the like, also whole grains instead of pasta and rice.

I hope this may inspire you to try and loose a little, I had been 25 stone for around 25 years and never realised how great I’d feel for loosing it [emoji6]

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21