Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Teamster Pics

wdw

One Too Many
Here's my month old Teamster in Vintage Black FQHH. Mods are a corduroy hem strip, a zipped inner pocket and a poppered inner pocket.

ec07e2ec.jpg

1312e851.jpg

9ced45f2.jpg

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks Qinhan. The buttons are leather covered sort of raised 3D types, which I prefer to the plain flat ones.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hi, wdw:
Perfect fit. Incredible jacket! If ever I can scrape enough coppers together to buy another Aero, it will have to be either a Teamster or a Stuart; the button-up front is makes a great-looking jacket. The Teamster, based on the look of yours, wdw, is out in front by several lengths at the moment. Thanks for the pics.

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind words guys. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. So much so that I'm about to pull the trigger on another button jacket and I'm in two minds as to whether I go for another Teamster but in cordovan, or more likely a Stockman for the longer length, again in cordovan.

The good thing about the Teamster is its versatility, being a mid-length jacket, and therefore probably likely to be worn more throughout the year. I'm wearing it to work even now, coming into July, but then the weather's been dismal this year.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Great looking jacket in all respects.

Is 'Teamster' the Aero name for this style or a generic name? Iow, if another manufacturer made this jacket would it be referred to as a 'teamster-style' jacket? Or is there another name for this generic style? I ask because when I first looked at it, it reminded me of a 'car coat' style, but trimmer - less bulky. And 'car coat' is not a brand's style name, afaik.

wdw

One Too Many
Here's a close-up of the buttons. I didn't know of these when I ordered, and wasn't given a choice, but am really pleased with them.

7d04a2b6.jpg

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Excellent. Worn very well. And I'm very tempted, if it didn't likely man bankruptcy. Thinking of the very same, too: a cordovan teamster.

What size jacket and what's your height, by the way, wdw?

SJ

wdw

One Too Many
Is 'Teamster' the Aero name for this style or a generic name?

I think Teamster is just Aero's own name for the style, although I'm no expert.

Sir J, it's a 40 and I'm 5'11". I asked for a 29" back and it came at 28.5", so no complaints there.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Really nice, love those American style cuffs. The half-belt back is a great touch. It does have a car coat quality to it, or even what some call a Guido jacket look.

Gambetto

Familiar Face
Did you get fitted in person at Aero's factory? The shoulders, front and back length are phenomenal. The shoulders are wide in a good way, as is the more fitted waist. Usually, the Teamster waist cut is bulky and wide. Your pics of the Teamster put this jacket in a whole new light to me. Now I am seriously considering buying one, if only I could get a fit like that! Spot-on

wdw

One Too Many
Gambetto, I did get it measured up at the factory, but I think the only alteration to the standard 40 was the length and the sleeve length. I have the side fasteners pulled in to pretty much maximum. One thing I noticed was that the back is cut wider than the front, so it gives it a wider V look from behind, at odds to the fairly plain straight up and down front view. Equality's thread http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?62776-Aero-Teamster-in-Goat&highlight=teamster+goat shows the same effect.

alsendk

A-List Customer
Like Scottyrocks, I am a little curious about the name Teamsters.
Does it have anything to do with the era of Jimmy Hoffa, and the fashion of teamster lorry/truck drivers favourite leather coats for driving at that time? some kind of common uniform for recognizing team members among themselves in a troubled time.

Looks fantastically good on you btw, and the buttons are spot on !

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR