Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Teamster Pics

D

Deleted member 16736

I love the back. A Teamster with a zip front, zip cigarette pocket (or map pocket), and a single collar (big like the Windward) would make a terrific 40's car coat.

jps79

New in Town
I think the lining is the perfect choice for a black jacket.
I have the same in my Café Racer.
Congrats for the purchase.

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
Here's a close-up of the buttons. I didn't know of these when I ordered, and wasn't given a choice, but am really pleased with them.

7d04a2b6.jpg

Is this Cuff with inner leather standart from the Teamster?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
WDW has given me very meaningful input on his Teamster. I am impressed with the clean look of the jacket, and the only pockets that I would need would be inside the jacket, and not visible on the outside. The bi-swing back seems to provide greater flexibility of movement than with a plain back. The bi-swing back and longer body length seem to be the main factors separating the teamster from the Stuart, and I would suppose that one could possibly construct a 'Teamster' with somewhat shorter body length that might approach that of a Stuart. Does anyone know what the standard body lengths might be for the each of the two jackets? Thus far, the only pictures that I am able to find of the Teamster on the FL are those of Dav, WDW, and Equality, and their reviews and impressions of their Teamsters. Does anyone else have pictures and impressions of their Teamsters and/or Stuarts that they might wish to share. Do any other members have input. I thought of starting a new thread rather than hijack WDW's thread but thought that WDW wouldn't mind since this is really a 'Teamster' subject, and WDW's thread, along with Dav's, initiated my interest in the teamster.

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks for that link, Dav. Looks like I was on holiday when those pics were posted, so I missed them first time round. Good to see more Teamster pics.

Maybe it's just me, but I've only just noticed that Aero are now charging for tartan linings and inner pockets. With the leather hem, that jacket in your link had at least £95 of options.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

Dav, thanks so much for the link. Is it just my imagination, or is your Teamster and WDW's a bit more 'form fitting' in the body than Dash's Teamster? Dav, I noted that your Teamster is a size 42, black cotton drill lining, 26.5" arms, 29" body. Is that correct? Judging from your pictures and those dimensions, you must be built similar to me (I am 6'1" 180 lbs, 42" chest, 37" waist, 16X37 shirt size, and all arms and legs with short torso!). I usually wear a size 44 long jacket and generally find size 42 somewhat restrictive in the chest and shoulder areas. Maybe a size 42 Teamster with the bi-swing back might alleviate some of that tight feeling.

I bought a steerhide Highwaymen in size 44 from the Aero sale page about six months ago that is 26" back and 26" sleeves that 'feels' like a good fit, although the sleeves 'feel' about an inch too short for me. I have a Highwaymen in vintage black FQHH in size 44 with 26.5" back and 27.5" sleeves that I ordered immediately after I received the steerhide Highwayman but asked Aero to delay making the jacket until I could see how the first one worked out in terms of fit. The second Highwayman is now enroute from Scotland and will post pictures soon after arrival.

2012-10-13172457.jpg

2012-10-131724502.jpg

2012-10-13172505.jpg

2012-10-13172511.jpg

So, any input regarding sizing of a Teamster garnered from the above information? I realize that overall fit, including sleeve/body length length would largely a matter of personal preference.

Dav

One Too Many
Dav, I noted that your Teamster is a size 42, black cotton drill lining, 26.5" arms, 29" body. Is that correct? Judging from your pictures and those dimensions, you must be built similar to me (I am 6'1" 180 lbs, 42" chest, 37" waist, 16X37 shirt size, and all arms and legs with short torso!)

Yes, that's pretty close, just a tweed lining rather than the drill. I'm quite close to your size, perhaps a little heavier and only 6' but with a 42'' chest, so I would have thought a 42 may well work for you.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yes, that's pretty close, just a tweed lining rather than the drill. I'm quite close to your size, perhaps a little heavier and only 6' but with a 42'' chest, so I would have thought a 42 may well work for you.

Nick, thanks for the info. That Teamster that you have really looks like an exceptional fit for you. Judging from the pictures, it appears that the front body length might be slightly shorter than the back. Do you notice any problems getting in and out of a car with the jacket buttoned?

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks, yes it does seem a bit shorter at the front, but I assume that is just the pattern. As for getting in and out the car with it buttoned, this might sound strange but I don't really know, as the weather got colder I have changed jackets, plus it is one of the ones that Aero are remaking because of the Steerhide thing so I haven't been wearing it.

Equality 7-2521

One of the Regulars
Yes it is shorter in the front than back, this is same with my jacket as well. I usually wear mine with the bottom button undone and have no issues getting in and out of a car. I don't recall how it was fully buttoned.. I'll have to check next time.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yes it is shorter in the front than back, this is same with my jacket as well. I usually wear mine with the bottom button undone and have no issues getting in and out of a car. I don't recall how it was fully buttoned.. I'll have to check next time.

Thanks. I suspect that most tend to wear the Teamster and/or Stuart with only the two middle buttons closed, or maybe open much of the time, which is the way that I wear most of my jackets unless really cold outside at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot