Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie Here with BIG stetson hat ?

Jrenken1978

New in Town
I purchased this hat at a thrift store and have really come to love stetson hats! I was wondering the value of this hat etc...Here are some pictures of it as well. Any information you can give me on it would be great! I have done hours of research and cant find any of these Key Club stetsons??? Oh yeah and it says Imperial Stetson too, and I have no clue what it means?? Sorry Im new :)

stetsonhat001.jpg

stetsonhat003.jpg

stetsonhat004.jpg

stetsonhat005.jpg

stetsonhat006.jpg

stetsonhat007.jpg

stetsonhat008.jpg

Jrenken1978

New in Town
Actually it is a little big on me but not by much. I have a small head LOL I think a 6 7/8 would fit great but i dont mind it being just a tad big, you cant really tell anyhow. Do you know what the Key club is?? Im so lost, or any other info on the hat. THanks! :)

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
My guess is that Key Club is a style, kinda like the gun club, and the whippet, and the playboy. it might be a 50's-60's style, and may not be available in a 30's or 40's hat (which would be a much better hat in my opinion :p ) Hope this helps :)

Victor

One of the Regulars
With a smaller size head and a liking for stingy brims you should be in vintage hat heaven! It seems that almost all the hats I see in thrift stores or antique shops are too small on me and have narrow brims. I tend to go for a wider brim (2 1/2" -2 3/4") and those are an older style and harder to find. Also many more in 6 7/8 than in 7 3/8 around.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Boy, Victor, ain't it the truth. I have run across some absolutely beautiful fedoras and Homburgs in antique stores that are size 7 and under. Didn't anybody wear 7 3/8's back in the day? I'm not finding 'em either! :rolleyes: Regards. Michaelson

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Michaelson said:
Boy, Victor, ain't it the truth. I have run across some absolutely beautiful fedoras and Homburgs in antique stores that are size 7 and under. Didn't anybody wear 7 3/8's back in the day? I'm not finding 'em either! :rolleyes: Regards. Michaelson
Reason you find the 7 is because their weren't enought people around that size to wear 'em.

If you can't find your size, sometimes it is because everybody else wore that size.

You'll find a gaggle vintage size 38 suits too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy