Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie Intro

IndyBlues

New in Town
Newbie intro, sort of.

Hello, just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself. I'm Indy Blues, and most of you may already know me from C.O.W.
I'm new to the world of Fedoras, but I'm a big Indiana Jones AND old movie fan, and have always loved the style from that great bygone era.
My first real Fedora is an Akubra Federation, that I was turned on to by Renderking Fisk, and I bought used from Indiana Sith.
Right now, it is on it's way to Fedora for a nice re-block, and I can't wait to see the results. From what I've seen, he has the Midas touch when it comes to Feds.
Well, looking forward to a nice experience here at the Fedora lounge, and I'll try not to waste space with stupid questions.
Take care, and may the Feds be with you.;)

GCR

New in Town
Welcome aboard Indy Blues...and don't forget to post some pics of your fed. deluxe after the re-block! Those Akubras always look good to me, I can hardly wait to see how great it looks after Fedora gives it his magic touch.

-GCR

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Welcome to The Lounge. This is a great place to learn and share information. If you don't know something, don't be afraid to ask.

Be sure and check out The Golden Era too. You can find the link at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ditto Ditto DItto

And welcome aboard. The quest has now begun in a new forum...

AND Hey MK...The Golden Era...did you put a link to the Optimo Page...? Whenever I want to admire my photo I have to hunt down the earlier posts for the URL ....!?!?!?!? Am I missing something?

mauriciogray

New in Town
Newbie from the South

Hi! I am new here. My name is Mauricio. I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
My account was accepted the same day I recieved my Borsalino LightWeight... Wait!!! that was not a gift from the administrators:p .
I have four hats, three of them are from argentinian hatters except Lagomarsino, I don’t like the felt they use and how they make hats and the bad service too. A bad experience maybe.
My first hat was a black bowler from Romer, the second a grey fedora (chambergo) from Maidana, my third a sand color fedora tango (the clasics tangos are black, white or grey but I order mine in sand). My fourth is a jewell, a grey Borsalino Lightweight.
I check all antiques houses from Buenos Aires looking for hats. Sometimes the sellers don’t know the real hat value. I paid $16 dollars for the Borsalino for example... I feel guilty for that...:(

Well, I hope progress in my english.
My best wishes for the Fedora Lounge Community. See ya soon!

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Englaise Excellante

Welcome aboard!! Sounds like virgin territory down there. Its spring so maybe more felts will surface!!!! Check in often!!

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
Welcome!

It is good to have you on the forum. I will be interested to see some of the hats you have from hatters where you live--will you be posting pictures of them?

mauriciogray

New in Town
Of course

Si, claro que si! River Plate, mejor equipo de futbol! El futbol es una de las cosas mas importantes en Argentina... el futbol y las mujeres.

Yes, of course! River Plate the best soccer team! The soccer is one of the most important things in Argentina... Soccer and women...

RedPop4

One Too Many
Gracias. No tengo lazos con un club en Argentina, pero miro partidos por television, aqui. No hay jugadores estado unidense en Argentina, claro?

Thanks, I don't have ties to a club in Argentina, but I watch Argentine games on television every week. There aren't any United States players in Argentina, right?

I was in Houston last week for the Barca v. Club America match. Messi, and Saviola WITH Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Deco and Gudjohnsen. They are loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy