Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**NEWS EXTRA**Good Wear flying jackets take vintage authenticity to new heights!!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Killin me, Smalls :D

My vote is light (but that may just be my subconscious reinforcing what I think I want in my jacket :lol: )

Killin me, Smalls :DMy vote is light (but that may just be my subconscious reinforcing what I think I want in my jacket :lol: )
lol
You're as bad as me! Honestly, I bet we both end up with the '38 Aero. I should have my 42-15143-P tomorrow. A dark russet '38 with shiny, grainy hide will finish my year - I swear.

Radu

Familiar Face
And the winner is, by far, the Californian Ventura by John Chapman

CalVenturaresize1.jpg

CalVenturaresize3.jpg

CalVenturaresize2.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
@Radu, FWIW this seriously makes me second guess my decision on my GW order :D congrats!

Mad Max

New in Town
Hi guys.. looking for advise & help with choosing the most suitable contract of Goodwear's A2 offerings - I'm after a sharper fit that sits neat, trim and squarely on the shoulders & body with neat sharp collars... was thinking of going with the Monarch??

As I'm 'New in town' I'm hoping one of you seasoned Veterans can guide me in the right direction? From what I've read so far it sounds as if you can't go wrong with what ever you order.. But would still very much appreciate some opinions..

Looking to place an order next week :cool:

Whatever recommendations you receive here, be sure to ask John his.
He's the guy making them, and the real pro when it comes to how his jackets fit. Hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Besides "trim fit", there are other factors involved in getting a fit you will be happy with.
Arm hole size....arm taper....back/chest/shoulder fit.
I like a "trim fit" jacket myself...but my upper body is fairly muscular. I find a design that leans towards larger arm holes and allows more arm/back movement a must.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

Hi guys.. looking for advise & help with choosing the most suitable contract of Goodwear's A2 offerings - I'm after a sharper fit that sits neat, trim and squarely on the shoulders & body with neat sharp collars... was thinking of going with the Monarch??

As I'm 'New in town' I'm hoping one of you seasoned Veterans can guide me in the right direction? From what I've read so far it sounds as if you can't go wrong with what ever you order.. But would still very much appreciate some opinions..

Looking to place an order next week :cool:

Bronco is a tight fit, but probably not very comfortable unless you weigh 150 lbs. Roughwear is a good old standard. That's what I have on order. Poughkeepsie is nice too and a good common sense A-2. I would stay away from the Dubow -- too baggy. Monarch has the inset sleeve which is cool. First thing, though, you need to decide what leather you want, because every contract used a different leather. Roughwear used his seal veg-tanned horse, which is his nicest in my opinion. Made ordering that one an easy decision. But you have to talk to John about it.

Mad Max

New in Town
Hi Guys.. Thanks for this.. Yes Of course I will be taking the lead from John and very much reassured to do so, but was just curious to hear what the people had to say on such matters - All very useful - Thank you! Actually Joel I'm a little fella and weigh 150lbs exactly, so will definitely be looking at the Bronco, thanks for advise. Whats the advantage or point of difference with a 'set in sleeve' that comes as standard on the Monarch contract?

Dunno. I've got an Aero Bronco and it's the most comfortable jacket in the closet. If one gives the maker the right body numbers, they will (should) accommodate your build just fine.
My '42 in HH by comparison is a little trimmer, arm holes slightly higher.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bronco is a tight fit, but probably not very comfortable unless you weigh 150 lbs. Roughwear is a good old standard. That's what I have on order. Poughkeepsie is nice too and a good common sense A-2. I would stay away from the Dubow -- too baggy. Monarch has the inset sleeve which is cool. First thing, though, you need to decide what leather you want, because every contract used a different leather. Roughwear used his seal veg-tanned horse, which is his nicest in my opinion. Made ordering that one an easy decision. But you have to talk to John about it.

I agree with you about the GW RW, Poughkeepsie and Monarch. The GW Dubow should not be a baggy jacket and was always a sharp design which John reproduces perfectly. I have a nice seal one with berry knits and its a great fit.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-vintage-authenticity-to-new-heights!!/page60

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Andrew, I love that Dubow. The fit, hide, and knits all look fantastic. Its second on my list after Allen's 38 Aero (or maybe your monarch :D )

Mad Max

New in Town
I agree with you about the GW RW, Poughkeepsie and Monarch. The GW Dubow should not be a baggy jacket and was always a sharp design which John reproduces perfectly. I have a nice seal one with berry knits and its a great fit.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-vintage-authenticity-to-new-heights!!/page60

Great jacket Andrew! I've had two original Dubow's and the fit was great on both but they were slightly roomier than yours.. GW really made you the perfect fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points