Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NU A-2: PuNCHiNG the Tag through the leather

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
really sad to have gotten a new g-1 from one of the major military jacket makers today and finding they attach their tag (on those plastic strands) punched through the leather of the sleeve...

never seen that before...every jacket (from this company in the past and other companies always) has had the tag attached through the fabric of the cuff...

the punch not only put a hole in the leather, but started the top layer peeling where the hole was punched through...

has anyone seen a manufacturer deface their own jackets like this before? i've never seen this done anywhere else before...

of course the jacket's going back

(don't want to mention the manufacturer at this point in case this was just a mistake by one employee)

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
WRoNG is RiGHTeD...

happy to say the company was rather horriFied as well when they heard about how the tag was attached through the leather, and are sending me a paid mailing label to send it back to them, and it will be replaced...the customer service was very swift and quite concerned, and said it was definitely not company practice to do this, that it was a mistake by a possibly new employee...

i must admit that most jacket companies i've purchased from have one thing or another go wrong on some order sometime...and it is when they are correcting those problems you realize how good this or that company really is

i mention the company name now so that it is known that this was out of the norm, and that uswings customer service on this was quick and excellent...i let them know how much i appreciated it

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
uswings customer service on this was quick and excellent...i let them know how much i appreciated it

I have in fact dealt with US Wings in the past and their customer service was superb, I didn't buy a jacket from them, but I did buy some of their knits. They were very helpful and friendly and steered me in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats