Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On behaf of my wife: Wearing lacy bras

Mr. Jason

Familiar Face
My wife has a problem in that when she wears bras with lace, a little or a lot, the lace shows through the shirt. What can she do about it. My wife is starting her 3rd trimester with our first and can't wait to get back into some nice clothing. If I can find a fix for this I'll be "The Man in '06".

Thanks ya'll.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Although I am not that vintage savvy, from my personal experience (read this as I am a bit older than most of the posters here, and knowing my mother/aunts most of whom are in their 80s now) women wore slips over their bras, and seldom did they wear outer clothing directly over their bra. In my experience, even a lacy slip will not show up as distinctly as a bra. I suppose this is due to the looseness of the slip providing distance and freedom of movement independent of the outer garment.

An extra layer in between may sound hot, but actually, they also serve to absorb the sweat, so one's blouse/shirt/sweater/dress won't be plastered to one's skin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy