Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Basics

art92101

One of the Regulars
I am sure this has been covered. What grade of panama or cuenca do I want ( i guess weave count) if I want my hat brim to NOT blow in the wind. I guess I want the balance between useability and good looks. Mostly I'll be using the hat for outdoor activities...hiking, camping, turista wear. So breateability is a good thing, but I do want some rigidity. Thanks!

art92101

One of the Regulars
Thanks! just ordered

I just needed a little push. I just ordered tonight. I will report after reciept/ Thanks!

SHARPETOYS said:
A $30 to $50 Cuenca would be just fine for a outdoor hat. These are great hats and I know some sellers that get a $100 plus for the same quality that Panamabob sells his for.

http://www.panamas.biz/cuenca.html

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I Just picked up my first Panama from a local hat dealer. A Biltmore. I really don't know Panama hats at all but it seems nice enough.
Johnny

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
besdor said:
I had no idea that Panama Bob was that good . I just checked out his site . I will difinately be sending customers his way . Roger , it pays to do research !!

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

since i am new to the forum, I have only dealt with Art Fawcett and PanamaBob....both great gentlemen to work with and they both have fantastic products.

When it comes to panamas, Robert sent me the "cheap" cuenca which amazed me how nice it is. Unlike stiff straw hats, this basic hat is very soft to touch and I have received many compliments. But the best thing is that I haven't gotten any sunburn for over a month now and I am more comfortable outside on my job (selling).

I also ordered a nicer panama and had it sent to Art to have it blocked, vintage ribbon and sweatband to put in. Sharptoys tells me that I am in for a real treat when I get this one.....

Art is finishing it right now and I will soon have it !!!

be sure to contact Robert for your panama...I highly recommend it.

Mark the shoeshine boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart