Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pattern swap starts here!!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I'm not looking to borrow any myself yet (I'm holding out until I see a 20's pattern or a 30's blouse in my size!) BUT I have more patterns than I will probably ever make (probably around 150 at the moment) and would love to see someone else make them up. I would be plenty happy to draw up a copy and then lend the copy to you :D
HERE is where you can find all my patterns I have so far uploaded.

Here are some samples:
3512908068_99c8404a29.jpg
3512101973_841d890410.jpg
3512908392_70a01985be.jpg
3512908120_3c3ceaef9b.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
I may be interested in swapping. Do you think someplace like kinkos copies would copy the patterns onto those large papers they have as long as there is no copyright on the pattern?

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Shirin said:
I may be interested in swapping. Do you think someplace like kinkos copies would copy the patterns onto those large papers they have as long as there is no copyright on the pattern?

This was discussed earlier in the thread...one of the women on here is the supervisor or something of making sure her Kinko's doesn't break copyright law and she explained it somewhat.

Lorena B

Practically Family
I didnt really know where to post this but, i am looking for some men slacks patterns. do you girls happen to have any?

cailinbeag

Familiar Face
Hi ladies,

Short story...

I was working in a fabric store a few years back. One day, a lady came in with a bag. She was asking if anyone would be interested in some old patterns her mother-in-law had given her. All of my co-workers pointed to me just as I waved my hands frantically. LOL Anyhow, there were about 65 patterns in the bag, ranging from the late '40s to the mid '60s. I've used a couple of them and have plans to make up a few more, but for the most part, they're just sitting in a box in my sewing room. I think it's time they got some love, so if you see something you like, please let me know and I would be happy to make a copy for you.

B6108.jpg

B6453.jpg

B6618.jpg

B6815.jpg

B7287.jpg

B8573.jpg

B9563-1.jpg

M4522.jpg

M7592.jpg

S1230.jpg

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
cailinbeag said:
Hi ladies,

Short story...

I was working in a fabric store a few years back. One day, a lady came in with a bag. She was asking if anyone would be interested in some old patterns her mother-in-law had given her. All of my co-workers pointed to me just as I waved my hands frantically. LOL Anyhow, there were about 65 patterns in the bag, ranging from the late '40s to the mid '60s. I've used a couple of them and have plans to make up a few more, but for the most part, they're just sitting in a box in my sewing room. I think it's time they got some love, so if you see something you like, please let me know and I would be happy to make a copy for you.

You lucky girl! I hope you've posted up photos of the ones you've made. What size is the last one? It is kind of scrunched so you can't tell.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
ive only just found this post!!:eusa_doh:

Calinbeag...id love copies of the 3 blouses/tops (butterick 6453 ,6618 and 7827)and the dress 6815 if possible!! i"ll pm you!

ill pay postage (im in the UK) as well as towards cost of sendind!

i really dont have any nice blouse patterns like these!!:)

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
Lorena B- Mens patterns

Lorena B,

I'm pretty sure I have some men's pants patterns. Back in my freewheeling credit card spending days, I bought quite a few lots of patterns on Ebay. Unfortunately I don't really have much use for men's clothes as I'm quite sure I'll never get my sweetie into anything other than jeans and a t-shirt. I'm planning on doing some pattern organizing this weekend and I'll pull some out and take pics for you.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Sickofitcindy said:
Lorena B,

I'm pretty sure I have some men's pants patterns. Back in my freewheeling credit card spending days, I bought quite a few lots of patterns on Ebay. Unfortunately I don't really have much use for men's clothes as I'm quite sure I'll never get my sweetie into anything other than jeans and a t-shirt. I'm planning on doing some pattern organizing this weekend and I'll pull some out and take pics for you.
Oh Wow,that would be not great, it would be FAAABULOUS!!;) I have been after some 40's and 50's men slacks or just plain trousers and boy, is soo difficult!!, shorts and pj's, no problem but proper trousers...

thank you very much Sickofitcindy, i will be looking forward to see those postings.
Also keep an eye here because after the weekend i will be posting my patterns for swaping :)

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
cailinbeag said:
The pyjamas are a size 16. 34 bust. And no, I haven't had a chance to take pics to post yet, but it's on my list of things to do. :)

I would love a copy of that pajama pattern. I actually have the envelope of it, but no pattern pieces! I would pay for shipping of course.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
dollydaydream said:
I also have these uns;

PICT0151.jpg

Clockwise from top left;

Uncut vintage vogue 50s hat patterns
1964 Simplicity 5398 7 way wardrobe size 16 - 36 bust, 28 waist, 38 hip
1939 Simplicity 3302 Dress & accessory set *unprinted*. Size 16 - bust 34, waist 28, hip 37
40s Sew-Rite 8693 dress *unprinted* size 14 - bust 32, hip 35
Butterick 4790 'The Dress' size 12 - Bust 34, Waist 26.5, Hip 36
1968 Simplicity 8003 Shirtdress size 14 - bust 36, waist 27, hip 38

I would LOVE a copy of that 1939 dress... I have the perfect fabric for it even. PMing you :D :D :D

Shirin

A-List Customer
I have these for swap, copy for a copy (not the original). I would be tracing on Swedish tracing paper and would expect the same quality paper. I'm interested in swapping for late 20s through 40s patterns. I'm really in search of a great housecoat/robe pattern, anything from evadress (30s-40s), high waist slacks, hat patterns and of course dresses and blouses are always desirable.
july2.jpg

july1.jpg

july.jpg

july7.jpg

july6.jpg

july5.jpg

july4.jpg

july3.jpg

zendy

A-List Customer
miss_smith said:
Here are some more of my patterns.
3598680591_0ef7757dd1.jpg
]
Copy for copy swapy? I mostly have 40s dress patterns. I'll dig through and post to see if you might like any

Shirin

A-List Customer
Simplicity 9969 (circa 2001) up for swap, I don't want to copy this one, so if you want it you'll be getting this one, original.. sizes 6-12
P1050741.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo