Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pecards query

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I've used Pecard's dressing a lot, but I'm wondering if there is something better, especially for leather jackets. I like the black one which has dye for the black moto jackets, but how about dressing for browns or other colors. I understand that adding an oil product might change the color and I'm ok with that. I see some folks here use Obenauf's, so I might give it a try. The last thing I want is a sticky, full of residue jacket.
Pecards makes a Brown Tint Conditioner also. Just used it on my Schott 618 in Brown Leather. I have used their Black Conditioner with Good Results. But I just found out about Doc Baleys Black
Leather Conditioner it has no harmful ingredients has Lanolin like Bick 4 but they don’t make it for Brown Leather.

Attachments

• IMG_5507.jpeg
    IMG_5507.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Yango

One of the Regulars
I’ve been using Pecards Leather Lotion on all my leather for years. It’s an excellent product. It cleans and conditions—which is fantastic for motorcycle jackets, gloves and boots—it takes off the bugs and grime and rehydrates the leather all in one pass. An extra bonus is it leaves your jacket smelling like new leather.

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to find up here in Canada.

I ran out a while back, and picked up some Bick 4. I like it, but it doesn’t smell as nice as Pecards.

Last edited:

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I’ve been using Pecards Leather Lotion on all my leather for years. It’s an excellent product. It cleans and conditions—which is fantastic for motorcycle jackets, gloves and boots—it takes off the bugs and grime and rehydrates the leather all in one pass. An extra bonus is it leaves your jacket smelling like new leather.

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to find up here in Can

I ran out a while back, and picked up some Bick 4. I like it, but it doesn’t smell as nice as Picards.
Thanks for sharing your experience with Pecards. Good to hear someone else used
Pecards and Liked it. Can you order from Amazon?

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab

I ran out a while back, and picked up some Bick 4. I like it, but it doesn’t smell as nice as Picards.
Surprised you can’t find it in Canada. I think they make Pecards in Northern Minnesota.. not too far away… Or maybe Wisconsin

Peacoat

Bartender

Amazon is your friend for Pecard in Canada:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pecard+l...efix=Pecard,aps,562&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_6

Thanks for sharing your experience with Pecards. Good to hear someone else used
Pecards and Liked it. Can you order from Amazon?
Yes, see above.

Yango

One of the Regulars
I’ve looked at Amazon, unfortunately, for the Leather Lotion it’s a mental price.
IMG_1720.jpeg

Surprised you can’t find it in Canada. I think they make Pecards in Northern Minnesota.. not too far away… Or maybe Wisconsin
Yeah, it’s weird. I’ve been to horse tack stores that carry pretty much every leather care product under the sun, but no Pecards. Same with cobblers… lots of different products… no Pecards.

Even online, the Leather Lotion all comes from the US at outrageous prices.

If I take a trip down to the US, I’ll pick up a large container—that’s what I’ve done in the past. But you never know when you’re going to get dinged with import taxes at the border—but it’s still a hundred times better than forking out $80.00++ for that little bottle!!

Last edited:

Yango

One of the Regulars
You can order it …
No need to yell.

The shipping direct from Pecards is more than the cost of the product.
IMG_1721.jpeg

And this doesn’t include any duty/import taxes (which can also be close to the cost of the product).

If you know of a cheaper way to get it delivered to Canada, please let me know.

Peacoat

Bartender
@Yango Don't get the Leather Care Lotion. Just get the standard Pecard dressing. Surely it isn't that much. And it is Pecard, not Pecards or Pecard's. A common mistake on the board.

Or, there are others that are good and may be available. Ko-Cho-Line is a Carr, Day and Martin product from Great Britain.

Effex Lederbaslm is German, and Bienenwachs is also German. I have used all three of those on my saddles and tack with good result.

I also use Lexol on my tack. Keeps it soft and supple.

The only time I use any conditioner on my jackets is when a motorcycle jacket gets soaked in the rain and dries stiff. Otherwise I leave them alone. As Aero says, they shouldn't need any conditioner for 20 years or so.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
No need to yell.

The shipping direct from Pecards is more than the cost of the product. View attachment 538106
And this doesn’t include any duty/import taxes (which can also be close to the cost of the product).

If you know of a cheaper way to get it delivered to Canada, please let me know.
I ordered Pecard when I visited New York. It was $18, the shipping from factory to hotel, $12. Pecard was one of those things I wanted to buy there in order to avoid the expensive sending and taxes to Spain.

Al 916

One Too Many
I have only used the antique (effectively vaseline) it soaks in and moistens the hide (same as it works to moisturise your hands). The leather will absorb as much as it needs then wipe off the excess. As it dries the shine goes.

I have not used the colour versions. I expect they are a bit like URAD which has some sort of topcoat.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I have only used the antique (effectively vaseline) it soaks in and moistens the hide (same as it works to moisturise your hands). The leather will absorb as much as it needs then wipe off the excess. As it dries the shine goes.

I have not used the colour versions. I expect they are a bit like URAD which has some sort of topcoat.
Thank You for sharing your experiance with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran