Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
IMG_2741.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

As you know, I'm quite a fan of these wool jackets. This is a nice one. These were all over the Catalogs/advertisement form the 30s into the mid 50s. There were made in a variety of pattern, styles, colors, two tones. I see more with the JC Penney/Sportclad labels. I have no clue to who made these, there were a myriad of Wool produces during this time.

Today these are as had to find as a vintage Leather jacket, actually more difficult.

Nacho

Practically Family
As you know, I'm quite a fan of these wool jackets. This is a nice one. These were all over the Catalogs/advertisement form the 30s into the mid 50s. There were made in a variety of pattern, styles, colors, two tones. I see more with the JC Penney/Sportclad labels. I have no clue to who made these, there were a myriad of Wool produces during this time.

Today these are as had to find as a vintage Leather jacket, actually more difficult.
You got me into these wool jackets, Terry. I'm a believer now. :cool:

This one is indeed a nice one. I like the contrast between the sleeve and torso. Also the buttons are a nice break from the zippers we often see.

I know a nice Sportclad green wool half belt for sale right now for about $350. It's too big for me. But I think it will fit you. I'll send you the link via PM.

AHP91

Practically Family
You got me into these wool jackets, Terry. I'm a believer now. :cool:

This one is indeed a nice one. I like the contrast between the sleeve and torso. Also the buttons are a nice break from the zippers we often see.

I know a nice Sportclad green wool half belt for sale right now for about $350. It's too big for me. But I think it will fit you. I'll send you the link via PM.

You ever make your big move on that Californian you asked me to not buy? Or you still drawing up battle plans?

Nacho

Practically Family
You ever make your big move on that Californian you asked me to not buy? Or you still drawing up battle plans?

Wassup, Lou? How you doing?

To answer your question: Nope. The seller never got back to me. I saw one guy sending an offer but the seller let it expire. I then checked the feedback score. A few people said seller never sent their order. Well, a little dicey so I bounced. But the jacket was sold a while back. Don’t know what happened there. I probably dodged a bullet big time.

I’m still looking for one though. Not much luck yet.

Why you ask, Mr. Reed? Looking to sell yours? :cool:

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
Wow! Really love the blue leather on this, very nice hide with grain and nice spread collar as well! I need to get a blue jacket like this, I've seen a Brooks like it but passed on it, wish I hadn't!

View attachment 556763
Vintage Bates jackets are SO damn cool. I tried to purchase a red CR Bates that popped up on Etsy many years ago (for a great price too) but because of a system glitch, payment was rejected and locked for several days. While I was trying to sort things out with the seller and Etsy support, someone else snatched the jacket........ I'm still slightly bitter about it lol

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Bates jackets are SO damn cool. I tried to purchase a red CR Bates that popped up on Etsy many years ago (for a great price too) but because of a system glitch, payment was rejected and locked for several days. While I was trying to sort things out with the seller and Etsy support, someone else snatched the jacket........ I'm still slightly bitter about it lol
I cheaped out on a blue Bates with white stars along the sleeves. It was $250 on Etsy, I offered $200. Seller said no, and it sold the next day. Lol. I console myself that I would look like Evel Knievel and would not wear it. Not really...:(

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
A CSRX jacket from Vanson’s under appreciated sportrider series. IMO these are the ultimate ‘tool’ jacket if you actually ride. They are perfectly designed for riding,, really protective yet comfortable with all the features you need and none you don’t. Plus I’ve crash tested one (and the zip together sportrider pants) in a 100mph crash and walked away… they take a beating better than late era Tyson…

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
Saw this v cool German WW2 flight jacket in a YouTube documentary about Gunter Rall (WW2 German fighter ace). Sorry for poor picture quality, screen grab.

I’ve always loved these lancer fronted button up jackets with their 1920/30’s flying and moto gear influences (and cavalry/lancer military tunics before that) but the few that come up on eBay etc are generally very very short by modern standards. Made short to fit the often jockey like build of fighter pilots in those days and to fit in the tight cockpits (ME109 he’s stood on had an especially cramped cockpit).

Not sure who the pilot in the photo is (it may be Rall) but whoever he is he wears that jacket with such elan he makes Brando in the Wild One look like a nerdy deeply uncool wannabe …

IMG_7400.jpeg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saw this v cool German WW2 flight jacket in a YouTube documentary about Gunter Rall (WW2 German fighter ace). Sorry for poor picture quality, screen grab.

I’ve always loved these lancer fronted button up jackets with their 1920/30’s flying and moto gear influences (and cavalry/lancer military tunics before that) but the few that come up on eBay etc are generally very very short by modern standards. Made short to fit the often jockey like build of fighter pilots in those days and to fit in the tight cockpits (ME109 he’s stood on had an especially cramped cockpit).

Not sure who the pilot in the photo is (it may be Rall) but whoever he is he wears that jacket with such elan he makes Brando in the Wild One look like a nerdy deeply uncool wannabe …

View attachment 557843
Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Agreed he looks very very good.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 557843
Well, Brando rode a motorcycle, and this dude flew a fighter plane. The degree of coolness and self-assuredness is directly proportional to equipment in this case.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Behold, the "grizzly" vest, this is wicked cool, supposedly French vintage from the 30's according to the listing. Has the animal buttons commonly seen on hunting jackets of this period.

I wonder if you could put this over a regular leather to "transform" it into a grizzly lol

i-img886x1200-1701229812uehnga7.jpg i-img876x1200-1701229812myshmi7.jpg i-img800x1200-1701229812wkutzg7.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
This guy has quite the Langlitz collection. That is a nice one there. More sport jacket / aviator than their usual CHP bike jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR