Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pink!? Yep.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
The latest addition to the living room, finally completing it and ridding the place of a folding nylon Eddie Bauer camp chair:

living_room_01.jpg

A $29 wingback from a local thrift store. I liked the style, just not the color. Using the color matching utility I posted in General Attire and Accoutrements, I checked if it would actually match the decor. Turns out it did, perfectly.

...I just need a throw of some sort for the thing to tone down the impact of the pink in the corner.

Now, if I can just clean up the rest of the place...

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I have a virtually identical chair with shredded upholstery. This gives me some good ideas. Nice job. Maybe an antimacasser would look nice.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I think it all fits really well together. I'd love to have it as my living room. Maybe someday, after the kiddies are a bit older...

SGB

One of the Regulars
Nice radio, glad you are doing a good job babysitting it for me.....

SGB

dhermann1 said:
I have a virtually identical chair with shredded upholstery. This gives me some good ideas. Nice job. Maybe an antimacasser would look nice.

Did someone say antimacasser? In classic Groucho Marx style---you said the secret word for today's show. :p
youbety2.jpg

Seriously, it is a good idea. Though I don't know if you use much of that hair stuff that the antimacasser protects against WN. A white one or ecru would break up the effect of all that pink on one place. Though the material fits in with what it appears you already have there.
I love the couch. My son probably would too and that would be a problem. ;)

Regards,

J

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Ahh the colors!

Your sofa plus the lounge chair reminds me of the auditorium seating at Purdue University- they have a few clusters remaining downstairs even though the main floor was redone.
Hunter green metal seats (theater-style rows) with coral pink mohair seat cushions!! They ROCKED.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like it!

Pink was not a girly color back then. But putting anything like a doily or antimacassar on it may make it look more girly.
What about a slipcover? I am sure someone is selling them custom made online. A lot less expensive that reupholstering.

Snookie

Practically Family
We have a virtually identical chair in the living room, too! Imagine your sofa feet on the chair, and it would be the spitting image.

The walls were peach colored when we moved in, and rather than repainting we've somehow managed to make them work. We have shades of brown wood and leather thoughout, and accent pieces with burgandy and gold, like you. I think if you integrated some green and/or gold over by the chair, and moved your burgandy pillow to the other side of the couch, it might balance better.

Also, if it makes you feel better, our chair really is practically the same color and we refer to it as the "Red Chair". Congrats on your excellent find!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Thanks for the compliments! I'm on the hunt for some antimassacars that aren't lacy/frilly/etc. Found a set that might do the trick, but it's a little on the steep side. A green brocade of some sort might work.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss 1929 said:
But putting anything like a doily or antimacassar on it may make it look more girly.

Yes, but a throw won't. I am a big fan of throws draped over the back or side of couches and chairs.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
KittyT said:
I am a big fan of throws draped over the back or side of couches and chairs.
Me too, as they allow one to change the look of a room (seasonally, for special events or just on a whim) in a matter of moments;and much easier to switch out than drapes and areas rugs.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
After consideration, a throw in this case would seem a bit too informal in keeping with the rest of the room...and I like the chair's construction and overall appearance, I'd just like to tone down the impact of its color. A small folded throw over the back might work, but it would be important that it not be too bulky because I like reading in that chair, and I'd want to sit in it without moving the throw. Having a line of folds across one's back does not contribute to comfort.

(I'm too picky and specific for my own good...)

...open to suggestions or links to something that would finish off the overall appearance of the room.

I might add, there's a steamer trunk and suitcase with a HUGE P-47 model, a fan and yet another clock atop them to the left, along with a matching torchiere. I neglected to take photos of the rest of the room.

bentruwe

New in Town
Pink

Pink was a masculine color in many parts of the country, in the 19th century anyway. Seems the women's magazines made pink/girl-blue/boy uniform through the country circa WWI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo