Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Looks like they got rid of the annoying characters and kept the good ones. I am in favor.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I am excited to see this film, Rob Marshall is a good director, and I think they captured the feel of the first films very well... that sort of feeling you get when the characters refer to their legends and you think to yourself "yeah I know those legends, this resonates with me." Well that is how I felt when I saw the trailer anyway. Jack Sparrow is getting his day in the sun it seems.

Auron

New in Town
I am a bit worried that it will just be special effects with no heart. But, it's freaking Captain Jack Sparrow. He could recite purchase orders for pencils and people would be enthralled by his presence.

Edward

Bartender
I liked all of the prior films, though of course the first was the best. This could be the ultimate, though - all Jack Sparrow, no drippy love story or contrived happy ending. I'm not a big fan of the 3D technology for the most part. Done well, as in Alice in Wonderland, it can add an extra texture without detracting from the film itself, but I don't consider it to be of a sufficient benefit to outweigh the hassle of the 3D glasses it obligates. Clearly these have not been designed with the spectacle wearer in mind. Some of them do fit over my spectacles, but they are still uncomfortable after two hours, and I don't want to be obliged to wear contact lenses simply to go to the cinema.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Avatar + 3D Glasses + regular specs = 3 hours of absolute misery.

I doubt this will be any more comfortable.

I'll still see it if it's in 2D.

Edward

Bartender
The next big breakthrough will have to be 3D without need of 3D glasses. Sony already have developed a TV like this - once it comes down enough in price, that might be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21