Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plastic Hat Rests

I65Stang

New in Town
What do you all think of these (click on "view alternate image" to see it in use):

https://www.noggintops.com/page.cfm?p=86

Do you all think they would be good for short term (overnight) storage? Long term storage (in a box)? I was thinking of picking one up for at home and one for at work so that I don't have to worry about the crown getting worn. Thanks all!

Tim

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Interesting looking contraption, but I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around the statement that it "Also supports hat when a Hat Stretcher is inserted." I doubt it would ever work with my hat stretcher.
Nonetheless, it looks like it would be a good inexpensive hat rest. The price isn't bad, but I didn't look into the shipping. That is usually the deal maker / breaker for me.

I65Stang

New in Town
IC, I'll be sold if you tell me you would put Remembrance on it ;).

Kilroy, shipping is $4.95 so not bad if you buy a few but keep it under $25 (shipping increases at that point). I think my local hat store (Village Hat Shop) may have them but the people at Noggin Tops were great to deal with when I bought my Sydney.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
KilroyCD said:
Interesting looking contraption, but I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around the statement that it "Also supports hat when a Hat Stretcher is inserted." I doubt it would ever work with my hat stretcher.
Nonetheless, it looks like it would be a good inexpensive hat rest. The price isn't bad, but I didn't look into the shipping. That is usually the deal maker / breaker for me.
I have had a stretcher in and just sat the hat on top of it. It will sit on there.:) I like that I can leave the brim shape in without having it hanging over the edge of something.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I65Stang said:
IC, I'll be sold if you tell me you would put Remembrance on it ;).

Kilroy, shipping is $4.95 so not bad if you buy a few but keep it under $25 (shipping increases at that point). I think my local hat store (Village Hat Shop) may have them but the people at Noggin Tops were great to deal with when I bought my Sydney.
Remembrance is sleeping on it right now!:D And look at my avatar!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I'll have to look into several of these. I could really use one at work, as I don't have a really good place to "perch" the Stetson I usually wear to work. These might also work well with my military hat collection. I've got several 50-mission crushers and RAF service caps perched on a variety of things to keep the visors from losing their shape.

I65Stang

New in Town
Haha, my wife noticed your hat was perched on one in your avatar (I was showing her some panamas and clicked over to here) before I scrolled down to your post ;). I guess I am really observant lol .

Hopefully VHS has them so I can save on shipping, if not then I will just buy 4 or 5 :D .

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As with stretchers, cleaning sponges, brushes and most other hat care supplies, you might check any local western wear store or other shop that carries cowboy hats and save yourself the shipping charges. And about using the hat rest with a stretcher - you would place the stretcher inside the hat as you would normally would and then place it on top of the hat rest. It's not meant to fit in, around, over, etc. the stretcher itself - it's just that you can still insert the stretcher and use the hat rest to keep the hat from resting on the brim and/or, as one of the other posts mentioned, allow for some ventilation inside the crown.

majormoore

Vendor
I have about 24 of these that I take to shows and place hats on them, they work great and if you don't have a nice hat rack, these will do the trick.

Major Moore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80