Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tommyK

One Too Many
Add me to the list that loves that Borso, dh66. The fact that it was a thrift store find makes it even sweeter. We all dream of finding hats like you have here

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Two weeks ago it was cold, but the sun is shining before some flood.
These were pictures of new hats took in January 15
214bat5.jpg

Flechet specialy made for A. Meer Strasbourg. Grey felt and crinkly ribbon with bound brims
20ffdjk.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
No, Greg. I did it because this kind of EU hats have a very soft felt you can crease as you want.
Particularly Flechet and Mossant (ancient French hats makers) made very soft felt, otherwise it depends from the finishing of the felt. This is plain fur felt.

tommyK

One Too Many
Daniele, I really appreciate all the hats and knowledge you show here. This forum tends to be very America-centric so You provide some great variety. Keep them coming!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Tommy, thank you.
I try do to my best to keep up high the production of the EU hats makers.
I live in one of the main home of hats, so I proudly try to represent it and all the others in a world (of hats) that is more vanished here than in the USA.
I wish there were more europeans to represent their hats in FL.
We are really few. It is a pity!

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
It occurs to me that I better give credit to Mayserwegener here as well for consistantly delivering countless stunning examples from the German hat market.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Tommy, I appreciate the tireless work that Steve everyday implements about the hats of the center-east Europe. Steve keeps under review not only the hats, but also the production part that includes multiple activities which then give rise to the hat. He has accumulated a vast source of information that make it valuable to understand the industry's hat in central Europe For my part I have less material, but some aspects of Italian production have given readers FL section hats valuable information on some aspects of the major Italian producers. For example, the reports of the Board of Directors from 1946 to 1969 of Borsalino ..... Then vary the type of hats, their construction and finish, and anything that has an European vision of the world of hats is a little variation to keep live the topic.
At the end Tommy I speak, comment and wearing hats that I find every day on my way that is totally different from the most parts of people on FL.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Awesome panama Rick! The air conditioning is going to come in handy sooner than later!
Beautiful NewJack!! I loooovvve that brim stitching!!

New Jack (and Tony) that is a sharp looking lid.

RClark, I am pretty envious of that one. I hope you've got a couple of Mexican wedding shirts to sport with that classy find this summer.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New Jack (and Tony) that is a sharp looking lid.

RClark, I am pretty envious of that one. I hope you've got a couple of Mexican wedding shirts to sport with that classy find this summer.

+1! I need some of those shirts too!

rclark

Call Me a Cab
New Jack, that hat is beautiful!

Thanks for the compliments on the panama, Dale, Tommy and Rogera! I really lucked out on this one. The sweatband is just so-so, so I will likely have to replace it at some point, but I'm going to enjoy it this spring and summer first! And Dale, of course I've got a guayabera or two to wear with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic