Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewJack

Practically Family
"YEOWIE Nice one....geez that is super super super...
Great hat made by Tony and made for a real sweetheart of a Man."

LuvMyMan, You are too kind! Tonyb did a great job! :eusa_clap

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I posted this new hat on the what are you wearing thread a couple of weeks ago, but figure it will be nice to go into a little more detail.

I purchased this roughly 7 3/8 100% Beaver fur felt custom made hat from a gentleman named Scott from Milwaukee. His Etsy store is "Fine vintage fedoras." It is one of about a dozen that he has made. Given its quality, I was quite surprised to learn that he had not yet made more. I am especially pleased as it is the first custom hat that I have purchased.

The crown measures about 5 inches and the brim around 2.75 inches (I may be off on this a bit because it was a few days back when I measured) .

The felt is light and incredibly smooth to the touch. Its density and hand reminds me of a 1940s Stetson Vita-Felt. Although, I think that it is even softer and smoother to the touch.

Scott describes the color as a shade of merlot. I searched the internet for that shade and his is a good description. The wine colored ribbon comes complete with a wind trolley and the contrasting brim binding finishes the hat beautifully.

I don't have photos of the inside of the hat handy, but the sweatband is black and very soft and comfortable. The liner is very nice, too.

Overall... a fantastic hat. If you are out there in Lounge land... Thanks, Scott. uploadfromtaptalk1424533746354.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1424533790866.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424533802843.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424533821894.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424533955361.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424532509825.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424532509825.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 125
  • uploadfromtaptalk1424534002453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424534002453.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 123

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Mystery Open Road clone

Really not a new hat, as this was my granddad's hat, but interesting nonetheless. No manufacturer listed, but there is a reorder and size label inside. It appears that it was a 1950s version of the "gimme" cap of today, as it seems to have been specially ordered as a giveaway by a farm implement distributor in Texas. I love the liner.

This was folded under the sweatband. Not sure if the Perry Company was a client of my granddad's. He was an attorney as well.

Justdog

Practically Family
Interesting name in the sweatband

Really not a new hat, as this was my granddad's hat, but interesting nonetheless. No manufacturer listed, but there is a reorder and size label inside. It appears that it was a 1950s version of the "gimme" cap of today, as it seems to have been specially ordered as a giveaway by a farm implement distributor in Texas. I love the liner.

Awesome hat.
Name in the Sweat interesting as well :)

Way cool, RClark. On multiple levels. The basic cool style of hat, the nifty liner and origin, AND most importantly.....it was your granddad's.

Rick, that thing is awesome! The best part is that it's your size. Very interesting story, and you are right, the liner is super cool. You should post that on the "Lovely Liners" thread. It looks to be Silverbelly, or is it a very light grey? How is the felt? Stiff, or soft? Inquiring minds.... :)

Interestingly enough, my grandfather had a Rotocycle. It wasn't much to look at, but ti made a fabulously creepy noise. :p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic