Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BelleAurora

New in Town
G.A. Dunn hat in my dress up bin

I found a G. A. Dunn hat today in my sons' dress up bin. I'm not sure how it got there (I tend to end up with other's old stuff) thankfully I saved it before they got to it! The hat is a beautiful black. The sweatband says "English Velour" and both the sweatband and the lining say G. A. Dunn & Co with the G&A the same size as the D. There is also a really cool pink union stamp inside the band. Can anyone tell me if this is something to save and love or to just let my boys dress up as men? Thanks!

photo9_zpsd77f2cd3.jpg

photo10_zpsb1a7d0d9.jpg

-30-

A-List Customer
According to federal charges filed Friday, the former congressman spent thousands of campaign dollars on fan memorabilia
including $4,600 on a Michael Jackson fedora:
Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...t-His-Money-Feds-191454931.html#ixzz2L0y5QNHu

Well, we now know one of the "characters" who bought a MJ hat. (and price paid.)
(As shown, he actually bought a second one as well. - $3,900.00)

Regards,
-30-

Last edited:
Is there any way to learn more about it? I have been googling on and off all day and can't find much. I would just love to know more.

It's an English Velour vs. Austrian Velour thing that you see around the war times. The English were never successful in matching Austrian Velours. In fact G.A. Dunn also sold Austian Velours made in Czecho-Slovakia (Austria before WWI). My guess would be 1930s. Regardless this is a real gem. Do you know what size it is? There might be a paper tag behind the sweatband at the rear. Here is a thread with some good info on G. A. Dunn.

Sorry I see where Alan already provided the link.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?50010-Info-about-G.R.-Dunn-amp-Co.-hat

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
This one came in yesterday ,one day behind the brown one that I had to steam kettle /reshape .
Its a Penny's Marathon.

Inside the sweatband is the original price tag of $5.00 could anyone give me an idea of it's age based on that .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1631_zps706f0f3b.jpg

DSCN1633_zps5a424ed2.jpg

Here it is with the Borsalino that came in at the beginning of the week.

DSCN1632_zps71cde2aa.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Got this nice Dobbs over the weekend. I'm curious to know if it's a 15, 20, or other. The crown and brim dimensions look pretty nice, and the overall quality looks to be like it's well kept. 1 of 2 brown fedoras I had my eye on. This one went for waaaaay less than the other one...

DobbsBrown2.jpg

DobbsBrown1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou