Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Better detail shots

Managed to get a better shot of the bow:
th_100_0169.jpg

The lining:
th_100_0170.jpg

and the name on the sweatband:
th_100_0172.jpg

Just getting the hang of still-life with this little digi-cam,
Scooter

p.s. gotta love a 4" brim :D but thinkin' I may need a wind trolley...

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Here's a newly arrived Borsalino Alessandria. Garrett, when you posted yours a couple of days ago, I had to smile -- seems like it's raining brown Borsos this week! :D More in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread...

BrBorso-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

So good, Jim. You can't beat those Borso's. I need a light gray one like that.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Here's a newly arrived Borsalino Alessandria. Garrett, when you posted yours a couple of days ago, I had to smile -- seems like it's raining brown Borsos this week! :D More in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread...

Cheers,
JtL

Nice one, Jimmy!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
SwimCap said:
New Akubra Federation IV. First attempt at a bash. This started out as a center dent. The comments I received was, "It's high", and "it's a little top-hattish". So, I reworked the crown into what you see in the photos. I would love to hear feedback/criticism of the bash, brim, fit relative to my face, style, color, etc. Thinking of getting another hat already, and would love to hear your thoughts.
ps - please excuse my t-shirt. This is my casual, "brushing my teeth" outfit.

2587758230105890995S425x425Q85.jpg
Welcome to the Lounge, SwimCap!

I think you've done a fine job on that bash. I'd say you've got it just about right.

@ jazzncocktails -- That's a good look for you. I like it!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Nice hat. Is that the one that was on ebay recently, with the replaced sweatband?
Yes, replaced sweatband, only went for $31.00. Needs some cleaning and a few small moth chews. Seems the original crease was close to JtL style. Impressive felt that is fairly light but molds like clay and stays smoothly as formed.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Yes, replaced sweatband, only went for $31.00. Needs some cleaning and a few small moth chews. Seems the original crease was close to JtL style. Impressive felt that is fairly light but molds like clay and stays smoothly as formed.

Sounds like a good pick-up. Did you get the 7 1/4 Stetson Nutria as well? I was the underbidder on that one - after adding in the Optimo cleaning costs, I bowed out at $68.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Flat Tops

Just got these 3 minty flat tops today. Two Champs and a Gold Label. Two are tele-flats and one is a plain flattop. The Gold Label has quite the embossed sweat logo.

B

flats_1.jpg

gold_label_1.jpg

gold_lable_2.jpg

champ_flat.jpg

champ_tele.jpg

Quapaw

New in Town
I received this Campdraft today...

dropped off with no signature required. Box is severely damaged and it looks like something leaked in leaving a circular stain on the top of the crown. Oh well, dropped a note to HatsDirect we'll see how it goes.
DamagedAkubraboxIV.jpg

DamagedAkubrabox.jpg

StainedAkubraCrown.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Stratoliner

Another eBay trophy:

DSCF1722.jpg

DSCF1723.jpg

DSCF1724.jpg

DSCF1726.jpg

DSCF1725.jpg

DSCF1727.jpg

Stratoliner.jpg

It's only had a bit of brushing and smoothing. The felt's everything y'all have described. Very lightweight and free of moth damage!

Sue

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Quapaw said:
dropped off with no signature required. Box is severely damaged and it looks like something leaked in leaving a circular stain on the top of the crown. Oh well, dropped a note to HatsDirect we'll see how it goes.
Bummer, Quapaw! In my experience, Hats Direct has been quite strong in customer service, so hopefully you'll get full satisfaction on a return from them. They should take care of you on this. Good luck on a quick resolution...
Steve

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Thanks for the kind comments on the Resistol Jet, everyone...I should have a new slate whippet clone from Art to show off here soon...

And Jimmy, good eye--that's an artist's proof of Shag's "Blue Miles" behind me. We're big fans of Shag's art!
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ