Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre-1950s British/European sportswear and leisurewear

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Zipped summer shirt with RITSCH zipper:

SAM_4886.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Bleyle was a very famous German producer of high quality garments for children.
Do you remember what size the Bleyle sweater was?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
This is a rambling club from July 1955:

MumJuly1955_zps8844394b.jpg

There is the expected mixture of leisure wear and army surplus. My mum (fourth from right in front row) appears to be wearing a jacket very similar to the one BK posted at the start of the thread.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
They do appear to be epaulettes. My guess is that he's going out on his bike for the day and is wearing the second shirt as a lightweight extra layer he can easily pack into his saddlebags when it gets warmer.

German lederkombi. Bought immediately postwar in '48 or '49 the original buyer couldn't remember which. Has WWII-era ZIPP zippers, with the DRP Nürnberg markings, at the leg cuffs. Made of medium weight goatskin, it's a very comfortable suit to wear. All I need is an era motorcycle to put the trousers to use! The jacket and trousers are fully lined in the original heavy cotton moleskin. According to the original owner he hadn't used it since the early 60s, so the condition is awesome.

A garment most certainly designed specifically for motorcycle use, with the reinforcement to the seat and inner knees. No Luftwaffe here! Possibly the first such leather jacket since WWII that hasn't been openly marketed as a "Luftwaffe jacket".

lederkombi1.jpg

lederkombi2.jpg

lederkombi3.jpg

lederkombi4.jpg

lederkombi5.jpg

lederkombi6.jpg

lederkombi7.jpg

lederkombi8.jpg

lederkombi91.jpg

lederkombi10.jpg

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
The original owner would have been the German equivalent of the guys immortalised by 'The wild one'.
There aren't many photos of 1930s-1950s German motorcyclists out there, has anyone seen any?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
For a post-war German motorcycle, it has to be a Simson
1952_simson-awo-425t.jpg

They are one the lesser known german motorcycle manufacturers, simply becaue they were based in the DDR.
click

So if you are going to be elitist with a super rare motorcycle suit, why spoil it with something as common as a BMW?

(Simson also made bicycles, cars and guns)

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
For a post-war German motorcycle, it has to be a Simson http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qX_C6pKTU...BKQ/W0e0kIzfm6s/s640/1952_simson-awo-425t.jpg

They are one the lesser known german motorcycle manufacturers, simply becaue they were based in the DDR.
http://www.mz-und-simson.de/simson/awowerbung.jpg

So if you are going to be elitist with a super rare motorcycle suit, why spoil it with something as common as a BMW?

(Simson also made bicycles, cars and guns)

Are they rare-expensive, or rare-cheap? Bike equivalent of a Trabbie?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Are they rare-expensive, or rare-cheap? Bike equivalent of a Trabbie?

I've only ever seen two: one was in a speciality vintage motorcycle dealership in Brandenburg. That was old and looked expensive. the next morning I saw a seventies one in a junk shop outside the town (piled up beside the prams and the broken kids bikes).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy