Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m still a bit lost on why someone would want to modify the PHWM into a Speedway when the Speedway exists, lol.

DamonCyclee

Familiar Face
Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to make the Premier Highwayman to look or fit like the Speedway, because the way the Speedway jacket is made is different than rest of the Aero jacket construction.

There is a lot of curves in the Speedway:
View attachment 531646
View attachment 531647

I got some Aero jackets and even the overall dimensions is similar to the Speedway, the fit is totally different because there the way the Speedway is assembled. The Speedway can't be flattened like the other Aero jackets. I think this contribute to the fit more than just the numbers.

One other thing to keep in mind is the big over hang of the Speedway in the front. Mine is size 42 with added length to 24" in the back, and this translate to 22" in the front with a 21" zipper.
View attachment 531648
View attachment 531649

If you don't mind coming down to Kerrisdale I can let you try on the Speedway and PHwayman and another secret jacket or two. I think the Premier Highwayman can fit like the Flat Head copy if lengthened, but never like the Speedway fit.

Thanks, I may have to take up on your offer, but first I want to see what Aero has to say

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, I may have to take up on your offer, but first I want to see what Aero has to say
They can do it, but might not with the Highwayman Label. All needs to be done is to curve the center back panel, and fill the two side panels accordingly. Right now their curve comes from two side panels not the center back panel:
Y Curve Panel Not V.jpg

I think the reason for this is to keep the "Highwayman" V design.

The Speedway and the Cafe Racer are actually more Y shaped back panel with the top V part curving out, so it gave the illusion of ) ( but is actually Y. Hard to do this to the PHwyman because there is no middle back break panel.

The Rainbow Country Highwayman size 42 is basically the Aero Premier Highwayman in size 44 with a curved Y shaped back panel and the regular Highwayman collar:
IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

What I've learned:
Aero premier Highwayman size 44, with regular Highwayman collar (not August), with modified curved "Y" center back panel (and fill out with side gusset panels), in Horween CXL FQHH, with a Highwayman label, is my ultimate fantasy Highwayman jacket. The one ring that rule them all.

I am interested to see what Aero says what you can or cannot modify on the PHwyman order. Please keep us posted...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner