Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

geedee

Familiar Face
The Speedway is based on the Aero x Levi Blue/Black Goat they did in the early 2000's.

After lusting for one for ages, I finally managed to tracked one down but they run small and VERY short. I had a large and its back length was 22.5 inches (maybe 22.75). It was just too short for me.

I did contact Aero to have one made when they finally released as a general pattern and they were happy to lengthen it although I never went through with it while I loved the style, part of the appeal was the Black with the Blue undercoat and they no longer have it available.
looks sooooooo cool in that blue-black!

nattevagten

A-List Customer
Sorry, hope it's the right thread - anyone ordered an Aero Premier Half Belt in a smaller size recently? Someone working for them told me that the shoulders on a size 38 Prem HB measure 16.5". Wonder if it's some kind of a mix up or if it's indeed the case now...? 16.5" seems extremely small even for their premier line in size 38, doesn't it? The situation is even worse as I have already placed the order and know that the next size would be too big overall.

Psant25

One Too Many
Sorry, hope it's the right thread - anyone ordered an Aero Premier Half Belt in a smaller size recently? Someone working for them told me that the shoulders on a size 38 Prem HB measure 16.5". Wonder if it's some kind of a mix up or if it's indeed the case now...? 16.5" seems extremely small even for their premier line in size 38, doesn't it? The situation is even worse as I have already placed the order and know that the next size would be too big overall.
Could be correct. My prem hwyman size 42 had about 18 shoulder. 0.5 in down per size puts it within the 0.5 inch tolerance. Reach out to aero.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The premier patterns works a bit differently than the other patterns. There is more shoulder curve length. So the 16.5" straight across shoulder is more like 18" curve length or more. The 30s / 50s pattern size 38 may have 17.5" straight across shoulder width but overall shoulder curve is only about 18.5" I bet.

The premier pattern is cut trimmest to give that ultra slim look, but the tag size should still work, just very tight fit (borderline uncomfortable) with stiffer leather.

Size 42 Seven Board Racer, closest to the premier pattern, trimmest, is what I assume the PHwyman is...
Shoulder across 18.5"
Shoulder around the curve 20"
+1.5"
br shoulder.jpg

Size 42 Cafe Racer, 40s pattern I think, closer to 50's pattern but one size down
Shoulder across 19.5"
Shoulder around the curve 20.5"
only +1"
cr shoulder.jpg

Even though the Cafe racer seems like a much bigger jacket on paper than the Seven, it's not that noticeable in real life. The premier (Seven) has the slimmer long look and the CR has the angular not very chill look. I assume the PHwyman will give the same slim but chill look of the Seven.
IMG_3555.jpg

The premier patterns are for the Japanese market and they like things ultra slim. Basically the jacket will fit like a button down shirt but instead of poplin/oxford cloth it's leather. If you go with thicker stiffer leather, it's probably best to go up a size.

X83

One of the Regulars
Aero Speedway

View attachment 504957 View attachment 504958 View attachment 504959
View attachment 504960 View attachment 504963
View attachment 504961
View attachment 504962
Didn't know where to put this so I'm sliding in this general Aero fit/pattern thread. There were some good info a few posts back about the how different Aero models fits.

The "Speedway" fits exactly the same as the boardracer. That was the surprise. I had thought it fit more like a tapered 30s jacket but no, it's the STF/premier fit like the boardracer.

It's coolest feature is the collar. It naturally spreads. Wing collar, like the Mullholland but wider spread.

The lining also goes to the zips like the earlier jackets.

The chest pocket is tiny. Only 4" wide. While staying true to the original tobacco pocket look, not very useful in modern day. Maybe I should pick up pipe smoking to make it worth while.

This pattern is probably best in stretchier hides like goat or chrome horses or their battered stuff. The denser and non stretch veg tan horsehide means I can't really move around in this jacket when it's fully closed up. But the same tightness with most of my Japanese jackets.

The Speedway is a cool pattern. Basically a premier Highwayman with a fancier collar and a half belt back with the early button cuffs. I should have gotten Hookless zips...
IMG_8636 Copy.jpeg

Aero sunburst

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to all of you its my first aero i have three more on the way a j106 in midnight blue a vest all black in badalassi and a type 3
There are two very different J106 fits, one regular and other one Ridley slim fit (like Mr Propers jacket). Just be sure they're making the fit you'd like, as they are very different fits, like Cafe Racer vs Board Racer different.

nattevagten

A-List Customer
The premier patterns works a bit differently than the other patterns. There is more shoulder curve length. So the 16.5" straight across shoulder is more like 18" curve length or more. The 30s / 50s pattern size 38 may have 17.5" straight across shoulder width but overall shoulder curve is only about 18.5" I bet.

The premier pattern is cut trimmest to give that ultra slim look, but the tag size should still work, just very tight fit (borderline uncomfortable) with stiffer leather.

Size 42 Seven Board Racer, closest to the premier pattern, trimmest, is what I assume the PHwyman is...
Shoulder across 18.5"
Shoulder around the curve 20"
+1.5"
View attachment 513679

Size 42 Cafe Racer, 40s pattern I think, closer to 50's pattern but one size down
Shoulder across 19.5"
Shoulder around the curve 20.5"
only +1"
View attachment 513680

Even though the Cafe racer seems like a much bigger jacket on paper than the Seven, it's not that noticeable in real life. The premier (Seven) has the slimmer long look and the CR has the angular not very chill look. I assume the PHwyman will give the same slim but chill look of the Seven.
View attachment 513691

The premier patterns are for the Japanese market and they like things ultra slim. Basically the jacket will fit like a button down shirt but instead of poplin/oxford cloth it's leather. If you go with thicker stiffer leather, it's probably best to go up a size.

With the Premier patterns, did you spec slightly longer sleeves or did you ask for your ordinary sleeve length, BTW? I wonder if I should compensate for the smaller shoulder width of the premier half-belt.

X83

One of the Regulars
Looks great! Sunburst has a nice back design. I need to get some balloons for this weekend too.
Random question does the j106 from have the snap ons for a faux collar I just noticed that thurston bros sells the collar but for there version

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Random question does the j106 from have the snap ons for a faux collar I just noticed that thurston bros sells the collar but for there version
What Tweedydon said.

It makes the most money sense to get the jacket from Aero, and then ask Johnson Leathers (San Fran) make you a collar for $150.

I know this subject has been beaten to death before but it really make sense for the removable collars, on the bike jacket at least. RMC Buco is done this way, both Schott and Vanson have pre-installed snaps so fur collars can be added on at a later date.

If cosmetic aesthetics is an issue when the fur collar is not in use, then there could always be an extra leather piece that snaps in place, or corduroy. No one is really doing this. I tried using just snap caps to cover the male snaps when the fur collar is not being used but it's a one time thing as the caps will break when I remove them... Best to have an extra strip of something that snaps in place to have a nice finished look when the fur collar is not in use. Just saying...

X83

One of the Regulars
What Tweedydon said.

It makes the most money sense to get the jacket from Aero, and then ask Johnson Leathers (San Fran) make you a collar for $150.

I know this subject has been beaten to death before but it really make sense for the removable collars, on the bike jacket at least. RMC Buco is done this way, both Schott and Vanson have pre-installed snaps so fur collars can be added on at a later date.

If cosmetic aesthetics is an issue when the fur collar is not in use, then there could always be an extra leather piece that snaps in place, or corduroy. No one is really doing this. I tried using just snap caps to cover the male snaps when the fur collar is not being used but it's a one time thing as the caps will break when I remove them... Best to have an extra strip of something that snaps in place to have a nice finished look when the fur collar is not in use. Just saying...
Thank you so much for your reply I will be getting in contact with them asap I also preordered my Schott faux collar they will be shipping out soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner