Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ramsbury At War and the 101st Airborne Division

Salv

One Too Many
I came across this interesting site dedicated to the Wiltshire village of Ramsbury and the surrounding area where the 101st Airborne Division were based before and after D-Day.

http://www.ramsburyatwar.com/

The site owner has written a book, also called Ramsbury At War, which was used for pre-production research on Band Of Brothers. He was invited to watch the filming several times and has a page dedicated to the series with some excellent backstage photos.

Salv

One Too Many
I'm glad you like it - I've cycled through both Ramsbury and Chilton Foliat and, apart from an increase in the number of cars parked in the streets, the villages must look exactly as they did when the 101st were there in 1944.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
WWII, a little bit before my time, lol Vietnam was my war
but I had the division's history drilled into me whilst, and I have
always meant to track down the past a bit. Next trip to UK, think
I'll have a go on a motorcycle ride.:)

Salv

One Too Many
Oh, I didn't think you were a WW2 veteran. What I meant was that any visitors to the towns now will see them pretty much as the 101st saw them in 1944.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Maybe you guys know of it allready, but there is a very interesting site on 101AB Div. in WWII: www.101airborneww2.com

The site is mastered by Mark Bando. Allthough not always totally objective, he is maybe the man who knows most about 101AB Div.
They also have a forum, where lots of issues are discussed.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Salv said:
Oh, I didn't think you were a WW2 veteran. What I meant was that any visitors to the towns now will see them pretty much as the 101st saw them in 1944.

I know Salv, I was being facetious....;) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner