Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rant!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I can't get Myspace at work, which is probably a VERY good thing, but I can get FL, which is definitely a good thing. But I can't get some of the images. Must have to do with how they're put up. So I wind up trying to remind myself to look up various threads and pages that I can't see when I get home. Which of course leads me to spending half (or more) of the evening trying to remember what I wanted to look up (I could email myself the link to each specific page, but that could take on a life of its own also), and instead following other threads into cyberoblivion. Not that that's a bad thing, but eventually the cats start climbing all over the keyboard, to let me know they're HUNGRY, which usually reminds me that I'm hungry too. Otherwise I might actually starve.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bizzare-a-mundo! Why on earth would anyone censor the word "nazi?" With no context application this or the other words mentioned are meaningless. I think the nazis are these system administrators high on their power trip as they goose-step across their keyboards:(

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gee I guess I'm just too naive always thinking in historical terms from visiting WW 2-related sites. Unless it's connected with current nazi organizations it's all simply related to historical events. Of course there's no way to segregate the two things in verbiage so I suppose they feel it's best to block it all.

Funny how single words get some people in a dither when it's not the word but how it is used. There are mothers and there are mothers for instance.....[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner