Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rating the conditions of this leather

Oakbark

Familiar Face
How would you decribe the conditions of this jacket?
The 2 sides are so different from each other that it would be like wearing 2 parts of 2 jackets to my eyes.
Thanks

baf.jpg
bads.jpg
bod.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That's just natural variation of grain, my DD Shinki J-100 looks somewhat like that.
I wouldn't worry about it or even rate it or mention it.

It's funny how a Brooks CR, while functionally not the best jacket for actual m/c use, might well be the coolest vintage CR pattern and can be had for a bargain. I've always loved them.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
People not used to leather often freak out when they see leather doing its thing. Here's an example. Relax man. Some people would pay extra for this.

There are some leather perfectionists out there who look upon the leather of their jacket like it's the duco of a new Maserati and are traumatized by signs of character and wear. They should probably get into nylon.

Oakbark

Familiar Face
I agree that grain is a killer one and infact I prefer that side of the jacket that is completely different for its left side which look quite new compared to the right side, but if leather lovers as you are, say it's a beautiful jacket, I'll put this detail in my knowledge to refine my taste ;)
That said, at this moment I had preferred that grainy, burnished and distressed look overall the jacket but I got it depends on the natural aging process of the leather

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yeah - leather can age differently on different parts of a given jacket. Sometimes this is because the jacket is made up of hide from different animals with slightly different grain and qualities. Older jackets often show panels with contrasting properties like this.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
it shows that the panels were made from two different cow or horse, can't be avoided in mass product jacket I guess.
I can appreciate natural crease pattern not being a perfectly symmetrical, but if it happened to that extent... I don't know what to think

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Jacket is a solid 5/7! It's not like all the other scratches, colorloss and wrinkles are symmetrical, it's just looking good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran