Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reed Sportswear Leather Jackets Today

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I see Reed is still in business. What are they like these days? Are they in the Wilson's mode or better than that? Anyone know or have a recent Reed jacket?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
They say they are American made and one of their cafe racer's looks nice and old school. I wonder if they are in the Schott range of quality. No one seems to know, which is curious.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Its a bloody awful website and most of the jackets don't move me but I am a sucker for made in America leatherwear.

Reed's heyday was probably in the 1970-80s. Like they say on their site.."designer jackets". Never known for Motorcycle gear..but more for dress wear (leather blazers...trench style leather coats...etc.). More higher quality hides that Wilson but a higher price to go with it. Of course Wilsons is bargain basement here in the USA now..and many of their mall stores have went out of business. I suppose it could be said that Reed is on the low end of fashion Jackets. A step up from Reed was once a similar company called Remy.
HD

VintageTQ

New in Town
Didnt Reed buy out Brooks some time ago? I have Reed and Brooks jackets in my collection and the Reed (for me) dont compare in style or quality to the Brooks Jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR