Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sam's Tailor Linen Suit

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
cookie said:
Don't laugh ...my linen trousers are all unlined and I find that in summer on a really hot day you can get chafing... Next time its half lined for me.
I feel fortunate in that all my linen trousers are unlined and I haven't experienced a bit of chafing. But then, as nearly all of my trousers are unlined I may have become desensitized over the years. [huh]

FedoraGent

One Too Many
I've been looking for a Linen Suit too.

I've been looking for a linen suit too, however not being able to find any vintage in my size, it's been a bit harder. I think I might just have to have one made, which sucks.

FG.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Quite happy, my friend. The shoulder padding still seems to bulky for my tastes, but everything else is quite good. I got back to Taipei for Christmas break and it was 80 degrees- really wish I'd brought the linen back.
Did you get anything made, Alan?

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Ray,

Not this time - a flying visit.
I'll be back in HK in May for a couple of weeks. I'll get Sam or Pacific to do something for me then.

Alan

Mr. Rover said:
Quite happy, my friend. The shoulder padding still seems to bulky for my tastes, but everything else is quite good. I got back to Taipei for Christmas break and it was 80 degrees- really wish I'd brought the linen back.
Did you get anything made, Alan?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Sam REALLY Gets Around...

If this is the same "Sam's Taylor," I can confirm that he REALLY gets around. He has quite a following in DC. Many of the brightest staffers wear his suits. His suits are reasonably priced and well-made.

I will say that I've heard good and bad things about his work. On the up side, he does a ton of business here, which means he's doing something right. On the down side, I've talked to guys who were not happy with the amount of time between fitting and arrival of the suit.

I've never been to see him, but here's the basic concept. Sam comes to town and stays in a nice hotel. His clients schedule appointments for fittings, and it usually take several months for the new suit to arrive.

That timeline doesn't allow for a second fitting, etc., but it's understandable, given the distances traveled and volume of customers involved. The biggest problems arise when the customer gains or loses weight while awaiting the new suit.

All-in-all... Sam has a solid reputation in DC, and he is a master of word-of-mouth marketing. I usually get several emails from friends whenever he's coming to town.

Fu Manchu

One of the Regulars
Those Pants

That's a great looking suit, Ray. I really dig the trousers. They have such a nice, long line to them. Wow!

I'm curious how the "busy" jacket will hold up after a full day of walking/sitting in the hot summer sun. Will there still be any "action" left in that back, or will it just crease randomly?

No matter - it's a great suit. I may need to book a flight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24