Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

crwritt

One Too Many
Its amazing what you can do with your time when you have no steady work :D

Me, too, on that. The less Mascot making I have to do the more time I have to sew, cook and garden.(And go dancing)

swinggal

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Aw thanks :) Its amazing what you can do with your time when you have no steady work :D
I finished the other two.

Two more from the WWII pattern. With the navy one, I used the same fabric I used on my previous 'dustbowl' dress. I think its my favorite of them all.

fronth.jpg
front-5.jpg

More pics are up on my site.

Very cool. Love the colour choices.

Lottie

Familiar Face
crwitt, that fabric is fascinating. i really like how you've used it :)
shebear- how cute!
and bopeep- that sure is a glamourous morning gown :)

I've just finished this dress. No idea when i'll ever wear it, but oh well.. :D

IMG_0490.jpg

BoPeep

Practically Family

SayCici

Practically Family
LD, I wish I was related to you so I could guilt you into making me things. :)

lottie, absolutely gorgeous! I like the print. Beautiful dresses by everyone, really!

Lady Day said:
Aw thanks :) Its amazing what you can do with your time when you have no steady work :D
I finished the other two.

Two more from the WWII pattern. With the navy one, I used the same fabric I used on my previous 'dustbowl' dress. I think its my favorite of them all.

fronth.jpg
front-5.jpg

More pics are up on my site.

Ok, I NEED to make the dress on the right. I have 1 yard of vintage red and blue print 30's fabric that was my late grandmother in-laws. I have been trying to figure out what to make with it and I think this would be perfect. I'm hoping it's one of the patterns you have re-made! Going to your shop to peek.
Edit: LOL! That IS the pattern I already have on my wish list! YAY!!

Lottie

Familiar Face
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, there is nobody I could force to take me out for dinner, but I'll find another excuse to wear it :D

Kamikat, the details on cuff& collar look like it was worth the cursing :)

Marla

A-List Customer
Lottie said:

IMG_0490.jpg

This is wonderful!:) The fabric you chose is perfect for the style of the dress.

crwritt

One Too Many
Kamikat, the way those instructions are worded, about the pleating, it may have been common, in those days , to take some fabric into a shop to be pleated. I know people who do smocking, that bring the fabric to someone who
has a device that prepares it.
What a pretty detail!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
crwritt said:
Kamikat, the way those instructions are worded, about the pleating, it may have been common, in those days , to take some fabric into a shop to be pleated. I know people who do smocking, that bring the fabric to someone who
has a device that prepares it.
What a pretty detail!
I think you're right. I talked to someone on a sewing board who owns a vintage pleater and it sounds like it was a commercial item that might be common in stores, kind of like the big specialty quilting machines today.

crwritt

One Too Many
Lottie said:
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, there is nobody I could force to take me out for dinner, but I'll find another excuse to wear it :D

I'd wear a dress like that out dancing.Or, just put it on and wear it anytime you feel like it.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Lottie said:
crwitt, that fabric is fascinating. i really like how you've used it :)
shebear- how cute!
and bopeep- that sure is a glamourous morning gown :)

IMG_0490.jpg

that's gorgeous, what pattern did you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy