Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

wahine

Practically Family
Itsalovelyday, that green dress is just terrific, and it suits you wonderfully.
GrantFan, the same to you: very well done and what a good pick you did with that fabric!
:thumb:

I just made an underskirt. Nothing big, but I'm quite satisfied anyway since I usually make so many plans about what I'd like to sew but I never really do. Now for once I did make something, and so useful, too. Whenever a skirt needs that extra swing and a petticoat is too much.

Also very useful is that new mannequin I made the other week; or actually a friend of mine made the major part of it since I could just stand there while she wrapped me in tape... :D

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
I draped this dress based on the Peggy Wood dress spotted here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/93234828/r-e-s-e-r-v-e-d-vintage-1950s-rare-peggy
I draped the bodice on my form with the help of my excellent draping teacher and used my tnt circle skirt pattern.
pw-tribute2.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
Made three of these shirts for a friend who has a "team" going to a convention. I love that she wanted to add a bit of a vintage look. :D

teamjen22.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I made this last summer from a Butterick pattern that is no longer in print. but here it is
close up of the top
July212017.jpg

front
July212011.jpg

the low back (but not so low that I can't wear a regular strapless bra)
July212013.jpg

and a close up of the fabric ( I was so excited to find it)
July212019.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
I made this last summer from a Butterick pattern that is no longer in print. but here it is
close up of the top
July212017.jpg

front
July212011.jpg

the low back (but not so low that I can't wear a regular strapless bra)
July212013.jpg

and a close up of the fabric ( I was so excited to find it)
July212019.jpg

Adorable dress! That fabric would be perfect here in Florida! :D

SheBear74

Practically Family
Kamikat, love the green dress and that shirt is super cute with those jean capris! I think I have that dress pattern. I am sewing for the band again so I won't have time to make myself anything till I have all of their stuff done. lol

Grant Fan

Practically Family
here is a picture of one of my favorite dresses, I always feel pretty in it, and even though I love the pattern I think it's because of the print of the fabric
532644_990002185610_1593760697_n.jpg

And also made both of these aprons I made the one of the left is a vogue vintage re issue pattern. The "sexy fire fighter" print is an inside joke between me and my friend, and the apron I am wearing is from a different vogue re issue.
403800_990001971040_663728886_n.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Oh how fun GrantFan! I've been trying to get my hands on the sexy cops print (as I have a fetish for our boys in blue) but by time I saw it, it was no longer being printed. :(

SheBear74

Practically Family
This isn't vintage but I am back to volunteering for the marching band again. :) The drum major asked if I would make her dress this year. :) This was an early pic that I took, I did make sure to fix that wobbly trim at the bottom. :p
drummajordress.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points