Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Orlando

New in Town
Hi friends i have made a very beautiful Drawing of a girl's photo but i don't know how to post the photo on this thread otherwise i'll post here my drawing this is very great drawing which i have been made

Grant Fan

Practically Family
This dress can be made long or short
newdress003.jpg

and here is a close up of the fabric. I am totally in love with the dress, not only because it is flattering but because of the print.
newdress004.jpg

Flicka

One Too Many
Made a fake Edwardian/Victorian bathing suite for a party (it's really a middy top made from the Folkwear Middy Blouse pattern and a skirt I improvised). It looks pretty much like I hoped!

418E0098-D794-4620-9EE7-4825EECFD38D-13337-0000195AED08F94C.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Super duper bathing costume, Flicka!
And Grant Fan, I adore that dress (and the print, which reminds me of a charming vintage wall paper); it's one of my favorite styles, as it's so flattering and easy to wear.

Gosh, this thread makes me wish a. my sewing machine worked, and b. that I could confidently use it to whip up some retro fashions.....

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here is a 70s does 40s top with a Simplicity re-issue skirt that I got in a swap.
8020183738_4a068dfe9b.jpg

Check out the similarities between the two patterns. In addition to the obvious neckline differences, the 70s pattern is designed for jersey knits, which I love to sew.
600px-4136.jpg

Mccall_5396.jpg

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ok ladies, these are two dresses I made from McCall's M6557.

This was the first "test" version in a cotton seersucker. I bought the fabric years ago when it was marked down to a dollar a yard, thinking I'd make curtains or something out of it. Hopefully the husband doesn't mind me posting his pic:

The second version was out of silk for a wedding:

I had to make several adjustments to the pattern (it was labeled as "suitable for maternity" which apparently means you have to go up a size if you actually need it for maternity). It was really an easy and quick sew. I want to make a long sleeve version out of flannel in early November. (I am going to lengthen the sleeves on the sleeved version and make them elasticized at the bottom. I'm also going to add a "modesty panel" not for modesty, but for winter warmth.) I'd really recommend this pattern. It is wonderful. I'm just sad it probably won't fit me in another couple months.

angeljenny

A-List Customer

This was the first "test" version in a cotton seersucker. I bought the fabric years ago when it was marked down to a dollar a yard, thinking I'd make curtains or something out of it. Hopefully the husband doesn't mind me posting his pic:

Love that dress!

Love the shoes too! I don't know what you call them but I remember seeing them on the girls in The Waltons.

Such a cute couple!

Drappa

One Too Many
So cute, both of you!

The second version was out of silk for a wedding:

I had to make several adjustments to the pattern (it was labeled as "suitable for maternity" which apparently means you have to go up a size if you actually need it for maternity). It was really an easy and quick sew. I want to make a long sleeve version out of flannel in early November. (I am going to lengthen the sleeves on the sleeved version and make them elasticized at the bottom. I'm also going to add a "modesty panel" not for modesty, but for winter warmth.) I'd really recommend this pattern. It is wonderful. I'm just sad it probably won't fit me in another couple months.

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Nice work, Katrinka von K, Kamikat and sheeplady! I got several patterns in the FL swap a few months back. I took a sidetrack in my sewing to work through the McCall's Fitting dress, which took a very long time but worth the effort. My first effort with my new fitting knowledge was to use up some denim I had on hand to make McCall's 7229, view B. Instead of using the facing pieces, I made binding.

8088812099_e40561e1f7.jpg

8088814366_43764fc9d8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112