Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Such cute stuff ladies! I'm interning with Revamp this summer and am learning so much about patterns and fabric. I've decided to finally bust out the sewing machine for real when I go home for the summer and start learning to sew.

Lauren, I love your outfit! I'd love to see more pictures of it. I remember you mentioning something about the Costume College in your LJ. Are you going? I'm going to be there with Revamp! You better say hi if you're there! ;)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yes! I will be there all weekend, and Vanessa and I are teaching two classes! If they let you, you should pop your head in, but I will definately come by and say hi! :D

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I feel a little silly because there are such amazing, wearable things in this thread, and my stuff is all kind of silly and very, very not vintage. I don't trust myseslf to make clothes to wear every day, I'm totally sure they'd fall apart in the middle of the office. But this is what I wore last weekend:

Qoh1.jpg

QOH4.jpg

(I made the crown and hoop skirt too.)

BV :eek:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap BV you look positively adorable! I love it.. queen of hearts? Too cute, great job. You should sew more often.
Nikki

anabolina

A-List Customer
BettyValentine said:
I feel a little silly because there are such amazing, wearable things in this thread, and my stuff is all kind of silly and very, very not vintage. I don't trust myseslf to make clothes to wear every day, I'm totally sure they'd fall apart in the middle of the office. But this is what I wore last weekend:

Qoh1.jpg

QOH4.jpg

(I made the crown and hoop skirt too.)

BV :eek:
I love it BettyValentine, how cute! Can I ask what you wore it for?

Foofoogal

Banned
Mercy BV. I think if you are able to sew this a frock of some kind would be no biggie.
Wonder how many of the gentlemen of FL have seen this one. :p lol
You are a looker like they say!

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
^_^ Thanks guys! I think next I'm going to try making something to wear every day. i wore that to a big anime convention in California. It was fun.

BV - sometimes dresses up like cartoon characters

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
BV was that a black wig or your hair? I thought you had long, lighter hair.. either way, that black is STUNNING on YOU.
Nikki

Frl. Wunder

New in Town
my 1926 dress

I just made a 1926 dress for our vintage streetcar ride (I´m the one on the left):

IMG_5007a.jpg

All our dresses were made from original patterns of the time, we collect vintage fashion magazines which usually have the original patterns inside. Mine was made after this pattern:
00036r95

To see more pics of the tour click here.

Greetings from Germany,
Frl. Wunder

Jovan

Suspended
I saw no harm in coming into this thread momentarily... everyone decent? Okay, good. :)

Pink Dahlia said:
Just finished this skirt. I've watched every single alpha dress soar way beyond my means on eBay and if you know me at all you know why I need alpha.

Anyway, I made this too big because I didn't want it way up on my natural waist :eek: but after a couple adjustments it fits better. And hooray for looking skinny in that photo!

l_ba9a7d068562c1382cce8f2b0d6db29f.jpg

Close up of the print:
22527840_l.jpg

This fabric is more of the Michael Miller (same as the Dick and Jane print).
Usually I'm not a fan of prints like that, but that's just darling with the black top and shoes.

BettyValentine: May not be as wearable, but you still obviously put a lot of work into it. Nice job.

I wish I knew some of you ladies in real life. I have no sewing machine, thus no way to practice making things myself. :(

Frl. Wunder

New in Town
Thank you Nikki & Lady D!
Sari, the streetcar is located in Essen. We booked a tour but were much disappointed because it was promised to be a 20s streetcar, in fact it is from 1949. And besides nothing on this tour was really from the 20s because Essen was destroyed in the World Wars. But we are going to organize our very own 20s picnique in August. :)
I also keep a LiveJournal so if you like you may friend me.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Betty Valentine that outfit is stunning! Looks like it was so much fun to make and wear--which is the point of sewing in my opinion.

Frl. Wunder your picture is great. I love your dress but the hat is perfect! Is it vintage or did you make it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner