Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
GoldwynGirl, that is absolutely stunning!! Is it a top and skirt or a one piece dress? What pattern did you use?

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
goldwyn girl, that dress is gorgeous! What amazing fabric too... I love the hawaiian sarong dresses. Yes and please tell us what pattern you used. I've seen several similar patterns on ebay but they're always so expensive.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Thank you everyone. It's a combination of two patterns. The top is from this 1951 Vogue pattern #4270 and the skirt is a lengthened version of Simplicity 4559, also without the side slits. Made into a one piece dress.

000_1570.jpg

4559.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
scotrace..good job on the chair! I really like that tapestry fabric you used.

goldwyn...You made a wonderful dress once again!

LD... Wow! those hats look great.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Oh Lauren, your projects are always so amazing--thanks for sharing! Was this for costume college?

Goldwyn--your dress is fabulous and I especially love the vintage pattern

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thank you!
Yes, it was for Costume College this last weekend- I made the whole blue part in four days! :eek: It was based on the Truly Victorian 1870's Polonaise pattern. I made a new inset for the front since I wanted contrast and used three altering sizes of ruffles to go around the neckline, down the front drape, and around the train. The fabric is an embroidered silk blend taffeta I bought in the garment district, and I used some lace I had in the stash and some chenille rococo trim I bought at cheeptrims.com. The underskirt is the Truly Victorian early bustle underskirt with the optional front swag and I added about 30 yards of netted lace and pleating which I did using a fork! Vanessa pinned the velvet bows on last minute to make it so the skirt tied in, and I actually sewed myself into the dress because I ran out of time! lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
This isn't something I've made but supplies for something I'm going to make.

I spent yesterday in New York City (in the 95 degree heat) and, as always, I hit the Garment District first. I found some lovely silk for a dress for the Queen Mary event--it's a cranberry color with a little sheen at about half the price I saw anywhere else. It should look good with the necklace I bought in June.

Thanks to the Lounger who helped me pick the color--you know who you are (wink).

silk.jpg

vo2786_LRG.jpg

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
ooh, nice fabric imoldfashioned and the pattern looks very elegant. You'll have to post pics of the finished dress. Are you making the jacket too?

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Lauren, you continue to blow me away with your creations. They are more art than clothing!

And Goldwyn--my friend just made the LaQuey pattern and is going to wear it to Tiki-Oasis, so I'll be sure to post pictures here. Oh and I'll be wearing my own creation too!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Miss Dottie said:
And Goldwyn--my friend just made the LaQuey pattern and is going to wear it to Tiki-Oasis, so I'll be sure to post pictures here. Oh and I'll be wearing my own creation too!

I look forward to seeing them. Have fun at Tkik Oasis, I'm not going this year :( I leave for Australia for three weeks this afternoon :)

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lauren, you are not the only one to sew yourself into something at the last minute.

My Mum used to do that to me with ballet costumes when she'd left it till the last minute ie/ always, and I have done it myself.

Guilty as charged! [bad]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24