Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

SheBear74

Practically Family
It's kind of funny because a couple months ago I cut bangs, I didn't like the way they looked so I check youtube for a tutorial. That led me to Betty bangs which led me to looking into vintage clothing, which led me here. My wardrobe consisted mainly of flip flops, shorts and tank tops (we live in FL). So I have been dressing really different from what I have been, not to mention the make-up lol. I have always loved the 40s and 50s looks, but was never brave enough to wear it, till now anyway. ;) Well I made this dress, put it on and stepped out to ask my husband what he thought. He looked really confused, and said. Are you really going to wear that? I said yes, why does it look bad? He said no, it's cute, but not like anything you usually wear. lol

crwritt

One Too Many
SheBear74 said:
I kinda cheated on this one. It's supposed to have buttons down the back, but with a 2.5 year old running around I took the easy way out and put in a zipper. Oh and I didn't get enough fabric so I had to leave off the pockets! That's an easy fix later though. :)

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjMtMjAxMDA1MTYtMTIwM.jpg

Your dress came out really cute, and looks cute on you!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
cordelia said:
Hi !
Do some of you sew with patterns created by yourself ?
I ask this, because methods exist to create patterns, some of them come from 40 50, and i continue to use them.
I have some of them in spanish, and of course, line jaque in french(perfect method !, around 1950 approximatively !)
I'm french so i excuse for my approximative english.
I have a few books about pattern construction but I have yet to make even a simple pattern. I keep thinking of myself as a novice sewer even though I have been sewing for about five years.

SheBear74

Practically Family
cordelia said:
Hi !
Do some of you sew with patterns created by yourself ?
I ask this, because methods exist to create patterns, some of them come from 40 50, and i continue to use them.
I have some of them in spanish, and of course, line jaque in french(perfect method !, around 1950 approximatively !)
I'm french so i excuse for my approximative english.

I have only created my own for some kids clothes, aprons, and simple shorts to sleep in.

cordelia

New in Town
Lottie said:
I agree! I love those ruffle-y numbers... Which pattern did you use, if I may ask?

If you're interrested in pattern making vintage, you can lokk at "marti di gili" with g00gle.
In a picasa's book, you'll find some very nices things.
:)

Lottie

Familiar Face
Oh wow, thank you for the advice :) I don't think I'm quite ready yet to make my own patterns, but it is still a very interesting read and will be helpful in the future, I'm sure.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
fuzzylizzie said:
I can't get over how cute this is! And I love the sailor girl tee shirt.

I was thinking about doing the same thing to an old one I had! Thanks for the inspiration to carry it through!

I'll try to do it this weekend and maybe I can post about it here!

cordelia

New in Town
Lottie said:
Oh wow, thank you for the advice :) I don't think I'm quite ready yet to make my own patterns, but it is still a very interesting read and will be helpful in the future, I'm sure.

It's particulary nice to see how to transform a simple pattern in something else.
sleeves, colars, etc.

For lot of girls here, witch sew dresses , it's perfect.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
cordelia said:
If you're interrested in pattern making vintage, you can lokk at "marti di gili" with g00gle.
In a picasa's book, you'll find some very nices things.
I have a book that is similar to that but not quite as in depth. I really like the diffeernt sleeves and some of the skirts are pretty amazing.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You gals have been making some great things!

I finally finished my repro 30's suit. It turned out real well and I even got to wear it to the QM even this past weekend.

wjacket.jpg

For more pictures, follow the links in my sig. line :)

LD

SheBear74

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
You gals have been making some great things!

I finally finished my repro 30's suit. It turned out real well and I even got to wear it to the QM even this past weekend.

wjacket.jpg

For more pictures, follow the links in my sig. line :)

LD

Love it! That turned out amazing, love the whole outfit you look so beautiful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy