Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
31050_397438829163_624014163_4180120_3515643_n.jpg

Meh. Not too happy with this one. Could've made it fancier lol From this...

4648097707_dfa36390a6_b.jpg

31050_397703979163_624014163_4188635_377031_n.jpg

LOVE IT. I only need three more buttons and it's good to go. I took EvaDress 6222 and put the sleeves from Hollywood 1908 on it...

4373000623_d095601647_o.jpg

4211671990_93e7bf0f44_o.jpg

Yea, I like this pattern a lot. :D

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
I can now post in this thread! Yippee!

Okay, it isn't vintage and it is just a simple apron, but it is the first thing I have sewn with a pattern. Got the stripes all matched up on the pocket too. Making up another apron, then I am moving on to an a-line skirt and some seersucker pants. All so I can make my own vintage repro clothes.

:) :eusa_clap :p :p

IMG_1056.jpg

lareine

A-List Customer
I am getting so much inspiration from reading this thread. I'm an advanced beginner seamstress, but I haven't tackled any vintage patterns yet. I am honing my skills on modern styles and patterns for the moment! To be honest, I probably won't give myself the grief of trying to alter an actual vintage pattern to my measurements, but I am happy to use modern repros or "retro style" patterns and I love to see what everybody else is doing. Keep up the good work :D

PS kymeratale, excellent work on matching those stripes!!

Lottie

Familiar Face
lareine, I'm not a pro either but until now, I haven't experienced that much of a difference between modern and vintage patterns (except for the instructions being sparser, maybe).. Maybe you should give it a try :)

.. I've already posted this dress in the "what are you wearing today" section, but oh well. Now in a clearer view (please excuse my messy curls, it was kind of a bad hair day :D) :

IMG_3580.jpg

.. Made with mc Calls 3040- a very simple and easy-to-sew pattern! I think this won't be the last time I've used it...

IMG_0422.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne I think that teal and black one is beautiful!

Lottie, cute dress, and wish my hair looked that great on a bad day! lol

Kymeratale, apron looks great! I am kind of an apron freak I don't know how many I have lol.

I will have to post pics later, but oh what a great sewing day!!! I made a dress and the fit is just perfect, and I love the look! I love when that happens ;)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
SheBear74, you are the cutest thing. That dress is adorable.
Lotti- I love that dress. The fabric and the matching belt are perfect.
kymeratale-The apron look great. I am sure that the first thin I made from a pattern wasn't nearly that neatly done.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments :) My husband is a photographer, and when he saw me jumping up and down saying how much I loved the dress, he sighed then went and got the camera ;)

D

Deleted member 12480

sorry completely :eek:fftopic:

but i just have to contribute this:

'theres a she-bear in the closet, let her out so she can breathe'
thankyou Shakira.

ahaha. apologies. I have a song for every occasion!

xx

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Wing Bust Halter Top

Here is the second muslin for the pattern I drafted with my PatternMaster. All I need is to reduce the ease in the waist and hips and create a lining and halter straps.
May2010008.jpg

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
So cool! I have been thinking of getting pattern master for so long, is it worth it? I have a MAC so I would have to get the cross over software to run it, thats the only reason I haven't bought it yet.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
MarieAnne said:
Here is the second muslin for the pattern I drafted with my PatternMaster. All I need is to reduce the ease in the waist and hips and create a lining and halter straps.
May2010008.jpg

Wow, the fit in the bust looks just perfect. So neat and tidy. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou