Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Marla said:
I finished this cotton dress recently--just in time for cold weather!

4994435101_2ae37dc224_z.jpg

And here's the pattern, I made View 2 minus the tie belt.

4751284188_43b2a62c30.jpg

I'm jealous!! That is awesome!!!

yummykiwi

New in Town
SheBear74 said:
I finally found a way to combine my love of vintage, and all the tutus! lol I used Simplicity 2029 vintage childrens pattern for the dress (I did change the skirt to a circle skirt to accommodate the tulle) That's 20 yards of tulle for about a size 2t. :)

59922_1607181706233_1436903181_1637062_3594506_n1.jpg

Are you kidding me?!?!? That is the cutest dress I have ever seen! Can't wait till my new baby girl can wear stuff like that :)

Well done!

HepKitty

One Too Many
Marla said:
I finished this cotton dress recently--just in time for cold weather!

4994435101_2ae37dc224_z.jpg

It was my first attempt at my favorite dress pattern from 1939. I intended to make it as a "wearable muslin" because I was unsure if it would fit correctly, but in fact it fits me perfectly (not a single alteration needed, not one!), and it came together with no mishaps! Hooray!

4994432019_175a79f4f0_z.jpg

And here's the pattern, I made View 2 minus the tie belt.

4751284188_43b2a62c30.jpg

gorgeous dress Marla! I so want that pattern

Kiri

One of the Regulars
Gah, I need to stop looking at this thread! I just get jealous of all these lovely creations and wish they were mine! lol I really wish I could sew from a pattern. Only problem is I've never done anything more than hem a dress or take in the waist. :( I haven't the slightest idea how to even start I'm such a beginner.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You all have been making some lovely things!

Ive made two dresses lately.
front2.jpg

The above one from an NRA pattern.
The below one from a war time Simplicity.

frontw2.jpg

All info on the dresses (and progress) is on ye old blog.

LD

SheBear74

Practically Family
Lady Day said:

front2.jpg

frontw2.jpg

LD

LD you are just gorgeous!!!

SheBear74

Practically Family
Yummykiwi, the funny thing is I have 2 boys! This all started when a friend's daughter started ballet class and I offered to make her a tutu. lol

HepKitty

One Too Many
Kiri said:
Gah, I need to stop looking at this thread! I just get jealous of all these lovely creations and wish they were mine! lol I really wish I could sew from a pattern. Only problem is I've never done anything more than hem a dress or take in the waist. :( I haven't the slightest idea how to even start I'm such a beginner.

I agree with Kitty Sheridan. also check out the "very easy" patterns and the Sewing FAQ thread. the "very easy" patterns even can be a bit vague but I'm sure the lovely ladies here can help

NicoleAnn

Familiar Face
Lady Day said:

front2.jpg

frontw2.jpg

LD

oh my gosh LD I love those dresses, and I especially love the black and white one along with the hat. so lovely.

Marla

A-List Customer
Thank you so much for all the compliments, ladies! This is one of the few "statement" dresses I've made--I mostly make boring separates. Now I'm definitely inspired to make clothing that's delicious to look at.

A story about how I obtained the pattern: the first copy I found was missing pieces but then a month later I found another copy in the exact same size. It was missing pieces too, but not the same ones as the first pattern. Wonderful luck! I managed to construct the dress out of a composite of the two copies.

Good luck to anyone looking for a copy! I can't praise this pattern enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo