Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

crwritt

One Too Many
I love this. I really like how you laid out the fabric so that the pattern drapes, it really looks like a high-end boutique piece. SO NICE!!!!! :eusa_clap

I am a fabric and pattern addict. She who dies with the most of either (or is it both?) wins. I must plan on winning, yes, that's why I have so many. ;)

Thank you kindly.The "secret" with this dress is that I really didn't have enough fabric to put the border print at the hem, as I originally intended.
So I seamed the selvedges together and that seam ended up at the left side front.
I like it when the fabric dictates design, but it usually makes for a tricky sewing project.

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
217235_1874351851925_1035030381_2053151_4484606_n.jpg

OK so not a vintage pattern or repro but I think it has a vintage-y feel to it. It Simplicity 2338. It is hard to find traditional vintage patterns to accommodate my ......awesome-ness??

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I can't believe I haven't sewn anything since March. That is a long time for me. The blouse is the bodice Marian Martin 9197 that I extended to make a blouse. The skirt is the reissue Simplicity 3688.
5627927212_c5e105242e.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
I finished this quick skirt last night and wore it out in the woods today. And yes, those are Birkenstocks on my feet, but I am not ashamed :D
37fae219.jpg

379a33bb.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
KittyAnneMalloo, gorgeous dress! I love that. You really do look awesome :)

Drappa, that skirt is perfect! well done :) Birkenstocks are probably the most comfy things ever... and you are German, after all ;)

Amie

One of the Regulars
Great skirt. I'm making a circle skirt right now too as I'm in desperate need of summer clothes.

Drappa

One Too Many
Thanks ladies, and the pattern is by Style (View C):
0cb6413e.jpg

0bd73f2a.jpg

I'm planning to make it in wool and/or tweed for next winter, as it's really quick (apart from the hemming by hand part...).

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
KittyAnneMalloo- That dress is lovely and it fits you perfectly. That fabric is amazing too.
Drappa- love the skirt and the belt.
Kamikat- You look adorable as always.

Lillie Librarie

New in Town
Made this for a Valentine's Day Hanger Dance in Austin but just now getting around to posting it. The hat and gloves are vintage, the shoes are new, and the dress I made from a vintage pattern.

IMG_6054-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy