Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Aside from that being a gorgeous dress, it's a really interesting picture. Well-lit, and with a cool background. You must have a photographer friend. :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren said:
I made this a while back for Costume College, but I took pics in it today, since I was inspired from watching Marie Antoinette last night.

1319828670_l.jpg

OOooooh, dont make me start the stories again! lol
Great pic!

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thank you, everyone! It was just about the hardest thing I ever made. I'm glad you gals like it- it's not totally practical (ok, well, not at all) but it's awfully fun to wear.

And Polka Dot, my camera has a self-timer, so I took the picture myself using fabric as the background, clipping some shop lights to dining room chairs, and putting my camera up on my ironing board! lol Unfortunately, the many many times I've done this, but my camera met it's untimely death last night by suicide jump, so now I have to get a new camera and it woul be wise to invest in a tripod :(

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Lauren said:
I made this a while back for Costume College, but I took pics in it today, since I was inspired from watching Marie Antoinette last night.

1319828670_l.jpg

That is just incredible, I am quietly humbled............:)

Rosie

One Too Many
Swing Jacket finished!

I am sooooooo in love with this. The lining looks HORRIBLE but, love, love, love the jacket. I'm planning on making one in red, biege, black and houndstooth. LOVE IT!!!

IMG_0023-2.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Amazing!

Lauren said:

1319828670_l.jpg

Lauren-- I am continually amazed and inspired by your talents!!!!

Honey Doll

Rosie

One Too Many
Thanks ladies. :) I'm terrible at linings though. :( I'm going to take it ove to my auntie's tomorrow so she can help me out. Right now, I'm working on a red pencil skirt and red gloves :eek:. The gloves are really freaking my out.

Miire

New in Town
Lauren, from the curiousity of a lighting designer, did you have green light shining on you from your left side? I love the effect and am wondering whether that was intentional, or if you have flourescent lights on as well as the shop lights? Maybe a tv or computer? I love the effect of the green-tinged shadows and undertone! I might like to use that!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
backdress.jpg

polkadress.jpg

polkadressdetail.jpg

I used the same smock dress pattern as before, but this one has a sheir layer of the cool polka dot fabric over a cotton foundation. It turned out super cute, but I hate hemming sheir stuff :rage: Me no good at it at all, and it being a circle skirt aint making it easier.

But I like it and plan to make some more of these dresses with matching shrugs :D

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks again, gals!

Miira- that's all shop lights from home depot with energy saving bulbs- but photoshop helped me out with the lighting ;) That's pretty cool you do lighting for things!

Landgirl- I went to school for fashion design and had my own business doing bridal for a while, but I don't really have a head for business, so I don't really make things for people anymore. It was always the hardest thing giving people prices because they don't realize how long it takes to make things! lol

Rosie

One Too Many
LD, Beautiful! I'm a sucker for circle skirts/dresses and a wrap around type one; LOVE IT!!! The dress I made recently is sort of like that but, wraps in front, I'm halfway done with another, anyway, since I didn't use a pattern, I'm wondering, is that a complete sheath under with a circle skirt on top? The gals on patternreviews.com were saying something to the the effect of the sheath part just being a flap. I coulnd't understand how a gal would be able to walk down the street in that thing if it were true. Circle skirts blowing in the wind are one thing, split open circle skirts? :eek: :eek: :eek: Need I say more?

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Lauren said:
Thanks again, gals!

Miira- that's all shop lights from home depot with energy saving bulbs- but photoshop helped me out with the lighting ;) That's pretty cool you do lighting for things!

Landgirl- I went to school for fashion design and had my own business doing bridal for a while, but I don't really have a head for business, so I don't really make things for people anymore. It was always the hardest thing giving people prices because they don't realize how long it takes to make things! lol

I would love you to make me something!!!! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot