Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

GOK

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic:
Amelie said:
It's MAC Viva Glam 6 ;)

Really? Wow it didn't look like that on the shade card! I have the original Viva Glam, which I love and have since found out that Cate Blanchett used in when she played Katie H in the Aviator. Mostly I wear Russian Red (as in my av) because it's a real in-yer-face scarlet....and I love that! lol

Amelie

A-List Customer
well, it might be a little darker than that if you apply it with the stick directly, on that picture, I used a lipbrush

I have the viva glam 6 in a normal tube, but my sister gave me the viva glam giftset as an birthday present. It's wonderful, even though there is one shade I can't use because it's paler than my nude lips

(and oh I am so happy to learn that cate blanchett wore the original one! :eek:)

Amelie

A-List Customer
I am really sorry! I just looked on my tube, and it's the original, not number 6, you were right to say it's not the same colour! numer 6 is much more brown that that one, I mixed them :eusa_doh:

Rosie

One Too Many
Amelie said:
robedenoelan0.jpg

here is my christmas dress, like I said I'd post

(sorry, the file is "a bit" big, I know)

Amelie, lovely. I made this same dress though my camera is acting weird.

Question. Did you make the four top bodice pieces like the pattern suggested? I, being the lazy cretin I am just made two pieces, it seemed excessive.

My next mission, hopefully before Tuesday, is to make this dress in black polka dot satin.

Kaela

Vendor
Muffs are for Lovers!

I made this muff out of periwinkle faux fur and ridiculously soft white fluffy-but-not-quite fur lining. I absolutely adore it, I think I'll put it up on my website, but I don't think muffs are the thing most gals would buy, since even I feel over-dressed walking around with it, but then again, I really don't mind being over-done *that* much! ;o)
The photos aren't bright but you get the idea.
1230061843.jpg

1230061844.jpg

Anybody else make muffs of their own? What sort of coat works best with it? I have a 3/4 sleeve bolero that works great, but not for really cold weather.

Amelie

A-List Customer
Rosie said:
Amelie, lovely. I made this same dress though my camera is acting weird.

Question. Did you make the four top bodice pieces like the pattern suggested? I, being the lazy cretin I am just made two pieces, it seemed excessive.

My next mission, hopefully before Tuesday, is to make this dress in black polka dot satin.

actually, it's the first time I ever made a pattern 100% faithfully to the instructions, I made the four pieces because it made it so much easier for the sleaves and neckline finition.

It also looks very much more finished on the inside, and sinces these pieces are so easy to make anyway, I decided I'd go for it :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
New Stuff...

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

I tweaked an old blouse pattern I had. I have a SUPER thin neck and all of my shirts are like boats around it, so I had to work on that, and let me tell you thats a challenge, especiallly if you have big boobs.

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

This blouse was fun because of the ruffle around the sleeves, collar and front.

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

I made this blouse because the fabric is such a bright blue that I woundt want it to be a skirt or dress. This way I can tone the blue down by covering it up with a sweater :)

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

This is a wool jacket (with a cotton lining) that I modified from the other suit jackets Ive made. It fits over the bum, and is belted (who dont LOVE a belted jacket). I ran out of the yummy wool, and had to use the tan canvis cotton for the cuffs and collar. It turned out well. Im thinking of adding a pencil skirt in the same cotton. Very Safari looking :)

LD

mellie

New in Town
I made this dress from a vintage pattern, I can't remember which brand and its in the other room and I'm feeling lazy, but here it is.
img2321pc8.jpg

I'm teachimg myself to sew from these vintage patterns I collect from random places and it's really fun and rewarding, but sometimes I have no idea what I'm doing so it takes me a million times longer than it probably would someone with training. Any pointers?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lovely things, everyone!
Mellie, you may want to check out this thread, it's here and we've put a lot of advice in there.
Here's the latest I've been working on:
suit04.jpg
suit05.jpg

suit06.jpg

And this inspired from a Tissot painting:
mantle1.jpg

jacket1.jpg

Amelie

A-List Customer
Lauren said:
Lovely things, everyone!
Mellie, you may want to check out this thread, it's here and we've put a lot of advice in there.
suit04.jpg
suit05.jpg

jacket1.jpg

arrrrr I want your atelier!
And your talent!

And whats on that last picture! :eek:

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Kaela said:
I made this muff out of periwinkle faux fur and ridiculously soft white fluffy-but-not-quite fur lining. I absolutely adore it, I think I'll put it up on my website, but I don't think muffs are the thing most gals would buy, since even I feel over-dressed walking around with it, but then again, I really don't mind being over-done *that* much! ;o)

Anybody else make muffs of their own? What sort of coat works best with it? I have a 3/4 sleeve bolero that works great, but not for really cold weather.

Aww, so cute. I wish I could justify buying a muff, but it never gets cold enough where I live!

jugband1

New in Town
okay-- consider me inspired-- I am starting a basic sewing class in February with a like-minded girlfriend! Hopefully I will be whipping up something cute soon!

kate

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Good Lord Lauren, what an incredible suit. The Tissot one is amazing too. If I tried every hour of every day for the rest of my life, I'd never be able to sew something so spectacular.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks so much, everyone! GOK, it's an Advance Import Adaption #60 from the 50's. It was one of the very first vintage patterns I bought, and I just got around to making it. The skirt actually was from a different pattern because I didn't have enough fabric to squeeze one out from the original pattern!

And lovely stained glass, suzie!

GOK

One Too Many
Lauren said:
Thanks so much, everyone! GOK, it's an Advance Import Adaption #60 from the 50's. It was one of the very first vintage patterns I bought, and I just got around to making it. The skirt actually was from a different pattern because I didn't have enough fabric to squeeze one out from the original pattern!

And lovely stained glass, suzie!

Oohh, I shall have to keep an eye out for that one then - I adore the shape of the jacket.

Rosie

One Too Many
Lauren said:
Lovely things, everyone!
suit04.jpg
suit05.jpg

suit06.jpg

And this inspired from a Tissot painting:
mantle1.jpg

jacket1.jpg

WOW! I know I always say this but Lauren :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap that is BEAUTIFUL! I want that blue suit and that jacket is soooo lovely.

(I just scared the other women in my office with my WOW lol)

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
Lovely things, everyone!
suit04.jpg
suit05.jpg

suit06.jpg

Oh my goodness, what a BEAUTIFUL suit. Gorgeous.

My fingers are itching to make a closet full of suits of my own!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24