Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
BegintheBeguine said:
Oh, was it in the Atlanta area? Which store went out of business, may I ask? Too cute dress.
Ashley
The name of the store was Pintucks and Penafores. They were over in downtown Vinings. They specalized in smocking.

I'm still on the look out for a none chain fabric store. I did find Gail K Fabrics, went through there today. LD would be on haven!!! Everything was on rolls instead of bolts and there were piles taller that an me standing on two elephants. I had a hard time figuring out the store. I will have to go back when I have more time.

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Thank you everyone!!!!! What great encourgment to continue. My husband is jealous that I'm making me stuff. He asked me to make him some drawers(boxers). That will be next maybe I will have him model when I'm done. Let all of you see, heheheheheh:D :eek: :D

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
s320x240

Nine silver ladies, all done and ready for the musical "Return to the Forbidden Planet"! They are out drying on the line, looking like bells or some sort of alien fruit with plastic tubing in their hems.

Really simple minidresses, but I used an early 60s pattern to add that flare of authenticity :).

I'm just the stitcher on this production, not the designer, so my job with the 9 dresses was pretty dull. But I'm so happy they are finally done! There were 3 different neckline treatments and I kept getting them mixed up - bah.

The musical's link is here, and there are a couple photos of one of them with her accessories and wig:
http://www.stmu.ab.ca/News&Events/News&Events/play_06/play_07_main_new.html

I just splurged on some 30s and 40s patterns, so soon I should be back in the Golden Era after all this time being Mod!

Jen

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I need DAY DRESSES!!!!

I did an overnight storyboard project :eusa_doh:

And to reward myself, I made a dress :D

plaidbrownpinkdress.jpg
plaidbrownpinkcloseup.jpg

Using the new vintage buttons I just got by the way :rolleyes:

LD

pretty faythe

One Too Many
GRRr

This is what I am in the middle of making at the moment.
blouse_pic.jpg

Very simple, easy to follow directions. But the darned sewing machine is messing with me and being a pain in the rear. I know its laughing its little sewing machine head at me right this moment and when I stormed out of the sewing room. So right now I have a lovely white w/black pin stripes tube top upstairs.

brizzdeco

New in Town
wow!
so many creative people making wonderful things...its been amazing going through and seeing what you have all crafted - v inspiring.

anyway - a big hello there, im new in town - and its nice to meet you all.:)
sewing is my number one hobby and thought i might post my latest offering up for you too take a peek at.

this is a closeup of the
sleeve cuff and button

belt i made for another
frock, but it also looks
good worn with the
shirt too!

stitching closeup

pattern and trim details

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Brizz,

Welcome
That blouse is so unique, I dont think ive seen one like it!
Your top stitching is fantastic! Way better than mine :eek:

I look forward to seeing more of your fab stuff.

LD

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Brizz you do fabulous work! I love the two dresses on your Myspace with the scalloped collars.

LD, awesome day dress! I love the brown and paid!

Faythe, hang in there... At least you knew to walk away for a while, :eusa_doh:
Nikki

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
New dress, big surprise right?

30sdress.jpg

Its one of the new 30s patterns I won. Factory fold too!

goldpasley.jpg
goldpaisledydetail.jpg

Only thing left is to put the buttons on (lovely black ones).
I made the yolk black to brake up that paisley print. I dig it. Yay day dresses!!

LD

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
*Wishful sigh*

Ladies, everything you all make is downright brilliant! I'd give anything to be able to make my own clothing from scratch-- alas, all I do is some sewing repairs and a tiny bit of knitting....:rolleyes:

... but I have a costume design and construction course coming up:D I'm absolutely giddy waiting for it!!! Until then I yearn for the day I can make my own day dresses just like yours Lady Day-- I absolutely LIVE in day dresses!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
30sdress.jpg

Its one of the new 30s patterns I won. Factory fold too!

goldpasley.jpg
goldpaisledydetail.jpg

Only thing left is to put the buttons on (lovely black ones).
I made the yolk black to brake up that paisley print. I dig it. Yay day dresses!!

LD

Another spectacular dress LD. I don't know how you do it. I think this on might be my all time favorite!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo