Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Idaledame, very smart! I love the look with the vest. It does give a trimer look and makes it a more "put together" look.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Idledame,

You look SO put together, so great! :) I have ablouse like that, now I know I can wear it with a vest and look fab!

As for matching up the plaids, its pretty easy if you match the pattern up on the fold before you cut it. I know that has a term of some kind, Im just not sure what it is :eek:

After stuff is cut, I just pay a bit of attention when I sew to make sure they are lining up just as correctly.

LD

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I attempted to recreate this full ballet skirt from Wheels & Dollbaby..

BALLET05.jpg

I made this skirt today, but if I make another, I will get way more tulle, to get the Whells & Dollbaby look.. but I am pretty proud of this so far! My boyfriend is way taller than me, so the pics aren't taken at my level, so they look wierd..

The inner satin layer is lavender and the three outer tulle layers are light lavender.

DSC01361.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mmmm, snoodie goodness....

PANTS!!
Im working on making a lot of them, and as pants are all about drape, Im wearing em' when I post em!

jeans.jpg
side.jpg
backish.jpg

These I just finished. Black denim. I havent decided how or if Im gonna cuff them. I use that Simplicity 40s retro pattern. It was a bit clunky, but a added an inch to the crotch and they draped a lot better. They are a bit loose on the side and I could take them in, but I did a flat felt seam on em, and Im NOT taking that out!

Also, the pockets are inset and turned out rather cute. Ill put some details of those on my NVL site soon.

front.jpg
side-1.jpg
back.jpg

This was some lovely brown wool gabardine that I got in the fabric district yesterday. Same pattern cut the same too, but the hip is a bit snug for my tastes, about half an inch more would be perfect. Ill keep that in mind next time.

front-1.jpg
side-2.jpg
sassyback.jpg

(Here is a little sass for y'all)

These are a reworked pair that I cut open and recut with the Simplicity pattern, only I cut the front from the already cut back pattern D'Oh! So I had to add a sliver in the crotch but you cant see it. They drape better than they look here and the wool these were made from was too lovely to scrap.

Cause Im not flat in the front (tee hee) the most important part for me is the fit around that area. The legs are not too hard to drape at least alright, but the crotch, geeeze! I think by the third pair (which is the first pair I posted, I did alright.

I plan on making a blue denim pair and a grey pair of pants soon as well.

Thanks all,
LD

Idledame

Practically Family
Thank you for the compliments! I hadn't sewn from a pattern in maybe 10 years. No, even after seeing the Macy's ad my daughter didn't like them. Wide leg pants just look totally strange to her right now. By next year she'll be begging me to make her a pair! I have learned so much from all of you. My next projects are a dress from the 30's and a blouse from the 40s using original patterns. I would never have attempted them before coming to the lounge. Thanks to all of you I know how to copy the pieces and what all those little markings mean. Now to master buttonholes!!
UqqtPBG5QzoZV1e1zuoEbLxioKCfISaD0300.jpg

9qF0PKpqy6jz7L1nX7CF0Jpn72aSrgfB0300.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
very nice, Dahling! Yes, that's correct, you don't need to hem tulle.

thank you!! I am very proud, it is my first really 'big' (big for me) sewing project .. The hardest thing was gtting the invisible zipper in!.. I can't wait to wear it; I wonder what it will look like with a petticoat under!!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Idledame-I love those pants. Tour whole ensemble is perfect.
Lady Day-Beautiful work as always. I think the fit of the brown wool gaberdine pants is perfect. They look so flattering.

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
CanadaDoll said:
Lady Day you are so adorable in those pants! Very talented, I'm always so impressed with the pieces you post on here:)

Diddo!

If only my pants came out that nice. I finally set them on the side...unfinished. Well, technically finished, but not fitting even close to properly. I can't even stand to look at them right now. I might revisit them at a later time. I so wanted a pair of wide leg wool tweed pants for the remainder of winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo